What's new in this version
v3.8.0: Fixes to address missed conflicts from LOAR of 2018-08, resulting from missing conflicts where, for example, a secondary group differed in type but not in tincture. This is not a search expressible in the complex search form, and required deep changes in the generated queries. Added tests to maintain level of confidence. v3.4.0: Fixes to address weirdness around names and owners in the database. This changes the database schema version: Sorry Win 8.1. v3.3.8: Fixes failure to traverse type hierarchy properly. Scorpion should now find lobster. EMERGENCY BUG FIX FOR WINDOWS 8.1: LIBRARY DISABLED ON WINDOWS 8.1 due to crashing bug. FINAL VERSION FOR WINDOWS 8.1! Database updates only (or to fix a really bad bug), and only until a breaking change. Windows 10 releases are unaffected. v3.3.1: Name searches have changed. If you do not include Blazon or Notes, it will presume a name search for purposes of conflict, and will display just the list of unique matching names rather than all matching items. Clicking on a result will take you to the set of items with that matching name. v3.2.20: FINAL VERSION FOR WINDOWS 8.1! Database updates only, and only until a breaking change. Windows 10 releases are unaffected. Database size reduced. Improved handling of names like "Leo". v3.2.16: ASPARAGUS EDITION! Dramatically increased text search performance (at the expense of database size). Various UI tweaks.
- Perform complex armory searches -- without an internet connection or deep knowledge of complex search techniques
- Text search over Name, Blazon, or Notes, using a fuzzy index and a scoring algorithm
- Use Da'ud notation, international keyboard, or skip accents altogether
- Autocomplete-enabled Ordinary search, with automatic inclusion of related headings
- Use common charge names instead of remembering the category name (no need for "METC")
- Database built and distributed separately
- Live Tile shows current LOAR version and randomly selected blazons
- Save items and queries to a workspace, with notes
- Select and copy item text, or query results, with or without details
- Share integration (text and HTML)
- Integration with the Pictorial Dictionary of Heraldry
- Pin items and queries to the Start menu
- Edit queries from the query results page
- Support for small screens
- Search Family Search, the MED, and LOAR (online only).
- Offline reference library support
Published byKeith J. Farmer
CopyrightCopyright © 2018, Keith J. Farmer; O&A Data © Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc
Approximate size29.59 MB
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Publisher InfoAspilogia support
Additional termsTerms of transaction
Aspilogia license terms
While it is targeted at SCA activities, this software was written independently, and no actual relationship should be inferred. See Settings | Notice for the terms of distribution of the O&A data. Disclaimer: The database is supplied without any warranty, stated or implied. In particular, no claim is made that it is accurate, complete, or suitable for any purpose. Use it at your own risk. In case of disagreement between the database and Laurel's records, Laurel's records should be considered correct.