Pictureflect Photo Viewer is a folder-based image viewing app with minimalist feel designed to: - easily show your photos in fullscreen with a manual or timed slideshow - review your photos with a clean interface, fast load, and a range of zoom options - crop, resize and convert (individually or in bulk), rotate and print pictures - integrate videos and transition effects into the slideshow (Pro upgrade only) - support JPEG, PNG, (animated) GIF, HEIC, WebP, BMP, TIFF, JPEG-XR and many RAW formats like DNG Can select full-screen mode, change the slideshow interval, order, background color, select the viewport/clip, remember or keep zoom, and customize via the settings panel. Supports image and display color profiles, and displays EXIF info. Works with the file system and does not attempt to organize your photos, but provides a customizable quick-access list. Professional photographers might use the app to narrow a selection of photos before post-processing in other software, and casual users might use the built-in export features to complete their entire workflow. The app settings support a variety of uses, including in tablets as digital photo frames. A Pro version upgrade is available as an in-app purchase - this includes a thumbnail view, transition effects and video support. The Pro upgrade is required to play videos, and supports many common video formats, including the extensions mp4, m4v,mkv, mts, m2ts, avi, mov, webm, wmv, mpg, mpeg and mpe (but support also depends on the encoding used within these files). Additional features include the ability to watch for folder changes in order to create a dynamic slideshow, a detailed metadata inspector, the ability to edit some metadata, the option to show captions, and the ability to show the current date/time/calendar with an analog or digital clock. This app was formerly known as Basic Photo Viewer, and is still simple to use but is no longer quite so basic! [HEIC and WebP images may require the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. RAW format support can be improved on Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) or later by intalling the RAW Image Extension (by Microsoft) from the Microsoft Store. For mpg and mpeg video files you may need to download the free MPEG-2 Video Extension (by Microsoft) from the Store.]
What's new in this version
08-December-2019, version 2.6 - Added a option to display the current date/time/calendar with an analog or digital clock. Added a choice of pixel formats under Export > Advanced options.
- Easily select individual files and folders for viewing, include subfolders and add additional files and folders
- Everything can be done in fullscreen mode and the menu is easily hidden with a click leaving only the photo visible
- Can change the background colour
- Can change the slidehow interval, and optionally loop the slideshow
- Can change the order, including selecting a random order
- Can select the viewport or clip to easily preview how photos would look when cropped to different sizes
- Can choose to remember zoom during a session for easy comparison of photos at different zoom levels (alternatively open another window)
- Supported image formats include JPEG, PNG, GIF (including animated GIFs), HEIC, WebP, BMP, TIFF and many RAW formats including DNG (HEIC and WebP may requite Windows 10 October 2018 Update)
- Startup options include choosing a startup folder and auto-play on startup - useful for tablets as digital photo frames
- View photo metadata including location link to Google or Bing maps (if location data is available) and edit some metadata
- Can rotate images, including arbitrary rotations and drawing the horizon.
- Can crop, resize and convert images, individually or in bulk, via the export feature
- Can print images including borderless and multiple copies per page
- Thumbnail view (Pro version only)
- Transition effects (Pro version only) including cross-fade, slide, wipe, zoom and flip
- Support for color profiles and different interpolation modes (including high quality downscaling) via image rendering options in the app settings
- Supported video extensions (Pro version only) include mp4, m4v, mkv, mts, m2ts, avi, mov, webm, wmv, plus mpeg with the MPEG-2 Video Extension from the Store, but support also depends on the encoding
- Optionally watch for changes to folder contents, so you can change the contents of a slideshow by adding/removing files from a folder
- Option to display the current date/time/calendar with an analog or digital clock.