The BLE SensorTags (blessTags) is the only one application on the market able to manage six different SensorTags. The blessTags application is able to communicate with: CC2451, CC2650 (both produced by Texas Instruments Company), ThunderBoard React, ThunderBoard Sense (both devices produced by Silicon Labs Company), Nordic Thingy:52 (produced by Nordic Semiconductor), WICED Sense2 (produced by Cypress) and with other unknown types of BLE devices. In its actual stage of development, the blessTags application: 1. allows to set, communicate (by reading and notifying), use, display (in graphic and numeric ways) and save data from all sensors included in each of the SensorTags presented above; 2. includes the GADGETS - the most exciting feature. The gadgets are several practical applications (compass, movement security systems - door or luggage security, magnetic security system, accelerometer mouse, remote control for PC and wireless presenters for PowerPoint) that use one or more sensors from a specific SensorTag to achieve a concrete, fully functional and useful application. 3. can trigger a visual or/and an audible warning or/and a data saving process will be started if an event will be generated - if the desired value (instantaneous, mean or variance), of a specific sensor, meet a condition or a series of conditions (is lower, higher, inside or outside of a specific range); 4. using the activities feature, the blessTags application will execute different actions, when a specific event will take place. Actions like: run an application selected by the user, send an email or hibernate, lock, logoff, sleep etc. the device on which it is running; 5. gives the possibility to interrogate several types of unknown BLE devices, in order to obtain the complete GATT attribute table for those particular unknown devices; 6. include the developer mode - the blessTags provides to the user lots of messages obtained from the communication process with the SensorTag - these messages enable the user to identify the communication/configuration setbacks and some other problems; 7. allows the determination of the optimal Kalman filter parameters. These parameters are extracted having as a source: (A) the MPU-9250 Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) – for CC2650 SensorTag or (B) the IMU-3000 (gyroscope sensor) and KXTJ9 (acceleration sensor) – in the case of CC2541 SensorTag. The supported sensor’s characteristics are: A. For CC2541: accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, temperature (IR and normal), barometer, humidity, keys and output LEDs. B. For CC2650: accelerometer (+wake-on-motion), gyroscope, magnetometer, temperature (IR and normal), barometer, humidity, luxometer, keys, reed switch and output LEDs. C. For ThunderBoard React: accelerometer, orientation, temperature, humidity, light (ambient & UV), keys and output LEDs. D. For ThunderBoard Sense: accelerometer, orientation, barometer, temperature, humidity, air quality (CO2 & TVOC), light (ambient & UV), sound level, keys and output LEDs (2 x low power LEDs & 4 x power LEDs). E. For Nordic Thingy:52: accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, orientation, temperature, humidity, barometer, color, key, output lines, LED, sensor configuration and the integration with gadgets was done with: compass, PowerPoint and remote control for PC. F. For WICED Sense2: accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, barometer, temperature and humidity.
What's new in this version
Version: 12.0.0 In this version, the software is able to manage a wonderful new SensorTag: Nordic Thingy:52 – produced by Nordic Semiconductor. Two new options (only in the full version) were introduced in the configuration panel. These options allow to: (a) set the priority for the blessTags application and (b) remove several of the blessTags restrictions. Regarding the first option, from the configuration menu, based on it a priority level for the application can be selected. Five different priorities are allowed: Realtime - highest priority, High, Above normal, Normal (the program priority by default) and Below normal. This option can be used mainly to improve the speed of the data acquisition, especially when we use a faster SensorTag like Nordic Thingy:52 (with a movement data acquisition up to 200 Hz) or a modified software version for the CC2650STK. The second configuration option removes several software restrictions, such as: (a) the lower limit used to acquire the acceleration for the CC2650STK or (b) the Device Name (0x2A00 characteristic) – right now a custom name can be used for each SensorTag. Several issues regarding the other SensorTags were solved – especially connection problems. For more information regarding the app versions visit: www.blesstags.eu/2017/06/blesstags-versions-history.html
- BlessTags includes several independent applications: compass, movement security systems - door or luggage security, magnetic security system, accelerometer mouse and wireless presenters for PowerPoint
- The blessTags is able to supervise the movements. If someone moves (even one centimeter) your luggage, door etc., the app will warn you audio and/or visually of this … and the thief will be caught.
- The Remote Control is a module, part of the blessTags application, which can send different commands from a SensorTag to: (a) any application running on Windows or (b) to the operating system.
- The accelerometer mouse module allows you to replace the mouse with a SensorTag. The SensorTag can move the cursor on the screen and to replace the two mouse buttons with the buttons of the SensorTag.
- The BlessTags is able to work with events - things that happen within your blessTags app environment at which you might want to act in a specific way.
- BlessTags supports multiple types of SensorTags: CC2451, CC2650, ThunderBoard React, ThunderBoard Sense, Nordic Thingy:52, WICED Sense2 and unknown types of BLE devices.
- The application allows to save the data from the sensor(s) previously selected by the user; the available sampling rate is [150 ms ÷ 2.55 s] for CC2451 & CC2650 and [100 ms ÷ 20 min] for ThunderBoard.
- The blessTags application can be used to determine the complete GATT table for an unknown SensorTag.
- With this application someone can determine and tune the Kalman filter parameters in order to control a quadcopter system.
- The software is able to communicate with the SensorTags using the following mechanisms: reading and notifying.
Published byDobrea Dan
Developed byDan-Marius Dobrea
Approximate size61.1 MB
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.