Brawlout packs a punch with couch and online play modes, blending platform fighter mechanics and traditional fighting game play into a stylish and fluid battle royale. Rather than slow-paced defensive battles, Brawlout goes all-out with the lightning-fast aerobatics which platform fighters are famous for. Striking the balance between the growing competitive scene and the genre’s party game roots, Brawlout hopes to cater to the veteran platform fighter, the casual fan and the newcomer looking to make their mark. Each character in Brawlout has their own unique playstyle, catering to specific character archetypes seen in other fighters. Whether you’re a die-hard grappler or a rushdown fiend, there is a fighter for you in Brawlout. There are currently six original characters and three popular indie characters to choose from that allow for varied play styles. Try your hand at the new additions of Yooka-Laylee, Juan from Guacamelee! and the Hyper Light Drifter from the indie hit of the same name, bringing the total cast to 24 fighters with more incoming Combined with familiar movement techniques like wavedashing and airdodging, Brawlout adds some extra mechanics seen in other fighting games. The Rage Meter builds up as you both deal and take damage, allowing you either break combos with the Rage Burst or unleash hell with the Rage Mode. The Rage Burst pushes opponents back, breaking their combos and allowing players to create some breathing room at the cost of half their Rage Meter. If the meter fills, you can activate the Rage Mode, increasing the knockback you deal while reducing the amount you take. As for modes, Brawlout has all you’d expect from a normal platform fighter and then some. Up to four players can compete in either timed, stock or team battles. AI opponents are also available if you want to practice your team combos with a friend, or if you need to fill out a free for all. Train with Advanced Tutorials or go in for yourself in challenging Arcade Towers.
- Try your hand at the new additions of Yooka-Laylee, Juan from Guacamelee! and the Hyper Light Drifter from the indie hit of the same name, bringing the total cast to 24 fighters with more incoming
- Choose from six original characters, each with their own fighting style -- and their Variants to make a grand total of 21 original fighters
- Host up to 4 players in online and local battles. Choose from a number of battle modes including timed, stock or team matches
- Practice your skills offline by conquering CPU opponents in Brawlout’s Arcade Mode
- Fuel your Rage Meter to power up for hard-hitting Special Attacks and tap into Rage Mode to swing the match in your favor
- No blocking required - Action is kept fast and fluid with wavedashing, air dodging and other advanced maneuvers
- If you’ve got friends to ruin or friendships to say goodbye to, Brawlout comes to Xbox One with lots of fun party modes!