What's new in this version
Maintenance Release. New in this update: Bug fixes, feed and performance improvements. In recent updates: 1. Use SkyDrive to automatically keep Discourse in sync across your PCs and to provide an online backup of your sections etc. NOTE: Synchronization happens as sections are refreshed - it is not immediate (you can, of course, manually refresh to sync immediately). 2. Improved Import/Export of OPML. OPML can now be used to import sections as well as feeds. 3. A new "Recent Tiles" section shows the articles recently shown on your live tiles 4. Each column in the columns view now has "hot corners" at the top. - Tap the left corner for save toggling, Tap the right corner for read/unread toggling. 5. Optional in-app browser (enable/disable using settings charm) 6. Share either a link to an article or the full content (just tap the share icon within the article to choose, rather than using the share charm directly) 7. Unread counts now appear in the sections menu 8. Performance and memory improvements and bug fixes. Many thanks to everyone who contacted email@example.com - it's the very best way to get the fixes and features you want. Special thanks to Reinhard and Denny.
- Full content, news and Twitter reader, using clear presentation for great readability
- Combine your own custom feeds, including from Twitter, with the large number included
- Discourse can keep in sync across your PCs by using your SkyDrive
- 'Topic Sections' use keywords to maintain a set of up-to-date news articles about a particular topic. (Powered by Bing, Google and Yahoo)
- 'Twitter Sections' use the powerful search and List facilities of Twitter to bring Tweets into Discourse (Twitter account required). Discourse will give you the full readable content of links in many
- Import your Twitter Lists as Discourse sections right from the main Discourse page - just use the AppBar.
- Import and Export your RSS and Atom feeds (as OPML files, including those from Google Reader)
- Share your section definitions and articles with others using the Share Charm
- No news service accounts or subscriptions are required to use Discourse.