Help children learn to read by mastering over 300 sight words! Early Words has been designed by teachers to ensure that it's an application that is intuitive, engaging, and usable by children with minimal assistance from parents or teachers. Early Words engages children through an enjoyable memory match game, exposing them to the visual the shape of each word, as well as the correct way of saying the words through audio playback. The game also has a fun turn based multiplayer option, allowing children to learn and play together. This application supports many of the popular sight word lists including the Dolche, Fry and Oxford sight word lists. The selected words provide an excellent head start in reading because they appear so regularly, in fact that they make up, on average, over half of the words we read! Trial mode is limited to the first of eight different difficulties. To enable access to the remaining levels and the full list of over 300 sight words, please purchase the app.
What's new in this version
New website! Update website details in the application
- Fun single player memory match game with achievements to earn
- Turn based multiplayer mode allowing children to play together
- Multiplayer mode supports vertical screen play or horizontal end to end play - ideal for tablets!
- Eight difficulty levels, allowing children to focus on words appropriate to their current ability
- Audio feature pronounces all words aloud as they're displayed
- Support for over 300 different words from five popular sight words lists, including Dolche, Fry and Oxford
- The font used for sight words is also used to teach students in hundreds of school worldwide
- Bright, vibrant art and characters to help keep children engaged
- Unlimited free trial mode available (limited to the first of eight difficulty levels)
- Early Words was designed by teachers for both classroom and home use
- The application targets specific curriculum outcomes and areas (curriculum links included)