EcoDroneSub is a retro, side-scrolling shooting game. You remotely control a drone submarine down a river. Your mission is to record the locations of junk at the bottom of the river for future pickup. This is done automatically so you can focus on surviving. In addition to staying above the junk, you must avoid colliding with enemy craft and being hit by their weapons. Some enemies litter their drink cans as they operate watercraft. Other enemies chase you in drones from the water surface, the air, and underwater, and can fire torpedoes at your sub. Your sub can shoot torpedoes upward at enemies and their projectiles, earning points. You must avoid colliding with life forms, who are immune to torpedoes but you lose points if you hit one. When your battery gets low, summon a barge to recharge with renewable solar / wind energy. Getting to the barge is challenging. As you progress through game, it becomes increasingly difficult. Controls are simple for movement and firing weapons. If you have a keyboard and mouse, one effective method is to move by dragging the mouse while shooting by pressing the spacebar. A numbered gear system lets you choose your speed and precision. The free version has small delays when you finish a level and when you recharge. The game stores your high score.
What's new in this version
Added ability to pause game
- Remotely control a drone submarine
- Shoot at enemies
- Dodge obstacles
- Easy controls
- Becomes increasingly difficult
- Challenging recharging sequence
- Side scroller
- Saves high score
- Switch between 5 different choices of ship speed control. The faster speeds allow quicker dodging while the slower speeds allow more precision.
- Free version has short delays when recharging and at end of levels.
- Conserve torpedoes to avoid overheating. Ship changes color as torpedo bay gets hotter.