In the year 2199, the universe is at a fragile peace as factions of the Galactic Congress grapple to determine a future for humanity’s space colonies. Seeking to throw these groups into disarray, an underground terrorist sect called Tempest wreaks havoc across the universe. Lead a squad as Captain Christopher Pietham to thwart radical threats and Tempest’s secret plans. In this sci-fi tactical RPG, command Pietham’s squad through turn-based battles, finding ideal positions to decimate foes in 24 hand-crafted stages complete with destructible cover. Characters aren’t locked into grids, so enemies can stray from cover. Use superior positioning and environmental hazards to gain an advantage and eliminate them from the battlefield. Fight with more than 30 melee and ranged weapons and unlock new perks by building a reputation with various factions. Seize the power of the Sixth Vowel, the powerful practice of the Breath used by Movement of Light to drive humanity’s cosmic expansion. Utilize its abilities to manipulate sound, light, and matter, or wield its fearsome energy against enemies.
- Seven explorable factions, each inspired by distinct cultures and traditions, offering their own units, tactics, architectures and perspectives.
- Eight possible companions, each with their own extensive backstory and narrative arc. Help them achieve their personal goals to unlock their secret perk and maximize their potential in battle.
- A nuanced ideological system that tracks narrative decisions and battle actions, affecting relations with characters in both Pietham’s squad and the outside world.
- Multiple endings – From your reputation with different factions to your relationship with your party, every decision you make will shape the destiny of the galaxy.
- High replayability. The wide range of equipment, skills, perks and companions allows for very different playstyles game to game.
- Extinction Mode - A hardcore gameplay mode for those looking for an extra challenge.