Fedora Remix for WSL is a remix of the upstream Fedora Linux distribution for Windows Subsystem for Linux. Fedora Remix for WSL is sponsored by Whitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co. under the terms of the Fedora Remix program. Fedora Remix for WSL is not endorsed by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc. There is no support available for Fedora Remix for WSL from the Fedora community other than that which is offered to all users. Fedora Remix for WSL contains modifications to the official Fedora distribution. The default packages and some configuration files have been modified. More details on these modifications can be found at https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Fedora-Remix-for-WSL. The unmodified Fedora distribution can be obtained from http://getfedora.org. Fedora Remix for WSL does not contain pengwin-setup from Pengwin. DISCLAIMER: Windows Insider versions are not production-ready and can contain incompatibilities or bugs that affect the performance of Fedora Remix. We support insider versions on a best-effort basis.
What's new in this version
Existing users can update immediately by running $ upgrade.sh 33.2.0 * Fixed a problem with ss -a downgrading and locking iproute2 to 5.8 33.1.0 * Upgraded to Fedora Remix 33 * With this version the problems with dnf and yum locks with WSL1 are fixed. 32.1.0 * Upgraded to Fedora Remix 32 31.5.2 * Fixed a problem with ssh connections and X forwarding * Fixed a problem with Windows Fonts not correctly being seen in GUI apps. * Improved application icons and light theme 31.5.1 * Refreshed the logo to align it to the Pengwin suit Older Now dbus-daemon is automatically launched if it is installed A problem was fixed when the windows home is a shared network drive WSLU was upgraded to 3.0 giving a lot of improvements and a fix in shortcut generation wslusc A new upgrade.sh is included to easy the upgrade process Support kernel upgrade in WSL2 Fixed a problem with /etc/os-release Made it compatible with WSL 2 now DISPLAY variable have the right value for WSL2 A symbolic link called winhome is automatically created pointing to the user's home folder Fedora Remix for WSL is powered by Pengwin Enterprise from Whitewater Foundry. To learn more about a custom Pengwin Enterprise build for your workplace, visit https://www.whitewaterfoundry.com.
- Fedora Remix for WSL includes wslu, a set of useful open-source utilities for interacting between WSL and Windows 10.
- An update script, accessible via $ upgrade.sh allows keeping your distro updated and the customizations.
- Support for many Linux graphical applications with no need to configure display or libGL. Requires a Windows-based X client, such as X410 or VcXsrv.
- Install 28,728 open source packages via the dnf package management system from the vast Fedora repositories and any third-party repositories from outside projects.
- A handful of unnecessary packages have been removed from the base image to reduce image size and increase stability.
- New features are actively developed based on community input.
- We give priority to WSL compatibility issues and adjust the package version to improve this.
Published byWhitewater Foundry
Developed byFedora Project and remixed for WSL by Whitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Terms of transaction
Fedora Remix for WSL license terms
Fedora® and the Fedora Project® are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. Fedora Remix is used in compliance with the Fedora Project Trademark Guidelines and Remix guidance: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Secondary_trademark_usage_guidelines https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Fedora-Remix-for-WSL/blob/master/LICENSE.md