GDPR Toolset app provides an implementation of the Microsoft's DMPR (Discover-Manage-Protect-Report) methodology—a widely used systematic approach to auditing personal data within an organization, for instance, during GDPR compliance assessment. On top of DMPR, this app adds numerous features and capabilities that simplify and automate the processes involved in compliance assessment. These are outlined below under App Features. GDPR Toolset is designed with a view to managing GDPR compliance assessments anywhere—for example as in the case of GDPR consultants conducting on-site assessments at business premises. A tablet or laptop PC loaded with the GDPR Toolset App is all you need for the field work. This makes GDPR Toolset an indispensable productivity tool for GDPR consultants as well as any information security professionals. Compliance assessments are created as projects with no limit to the number of projects. A consultant can create multiple projects (say, GDPR compliance projects for half a dozen clients), with each of the projects managed independently and updated incrementally at any time till their completion. This version includes additional GDPR tool implementation based on the Data Protection Checklist methodology developed and made available to the public by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), UK. It means this toolset comprises of two distinct GDPR assessment methodologies based on (1) Microsoft DMPR, and (2) ICO Data Protection Checklist.
What's new in this version
Version 19.4.200 (2019-04-11) - The ICO GDPR checklist methodology is implemented and included as an additional assessment tool. Version 18.7.500 (2019-07-12) - Minor UI improvement. Version 18.7.400 (2019-07-09- Initial release.
- Project-based UI for creating GDPR compliance assessments with settings to tailor each project to a customer;
- Tree-view based navigation that is consistent with the DMPR themes and for ultimate ease for editing and navigating assessment data;
- A statistical summary page for each project with color charting that aids results visibility at a glance, with an indication of percentage completion of various assessment categories;
- The powerhouse of the GDPR Toolset app—Automatic Report Generation (ARG) synthesizes all the assessment information of a project and turns into a Microsoft Word document;
- Built-in demo project to highlight the features and capabilities of GDPR Toolset in the shortest time possible;
- A link to an official GDPR Web Portal as a reference resource and based on an integrated web browser within the app, and side by-side with your assessment projects;
- An alternative GDPR resource link to Intersoft website: this provides well-structured and indexed GDPR Articles with improved navigation and keyword search;
- Built-in password security as standard for extra layer of security at the App level. Where more stringent data security is desirable, full data encryption supported with add-on optional product.
Published byApps for Smart Devices
Copyright© 2018-2019 Apps for Smart Devices Ltd.
Developed byApps for Smart Devices Ltd.
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
English (United Kingdom)