View popular high dynamic range (HDR) image formats, including OpenEXR, Radiance (.HDR), DirectDraw Surface (.DDS), and JPEG XR, in their full quality on a capable HDR10 display. This is one of the only viewers which fully supports Windows 10 HDR and WCG functionality (wide color gamut). For best quality, you need the latest Windows 10 update and graphics driver. VESA DisplayHDR certified monitors are strongly recommended. This app is the spiritual successor to HDR Image Viewer by Rick Manning.
What's new in this version
[v126.96.36.199] Experimental support for HEIF/HEIC HDR images. Requires Windows 10 1903 or later. Command line support: run "HDRImageViewer -?" from a terminal. [v188.8.131.52] Fix a crash, improve keyboard shortcuts. [v184.108.40.206] Minor bugfixes and preparation for Windows 10 1903 enhancements. [v220.127.116.11] Update for Windows 10 1809. UI enhancements and a significantly improved HDR tonemapper which ensures images look their best on both HDR and SDR displays.
- View OpenEXR, Radiance RGBE, and DirectDraw Surface images
- View JPEG XR HDR screenshots taken by Windows 10 or Xbox One
- View high bit depth and wide color gamut images like JPEG with ICC profile and TIFF
- View images at their full native quality on a capable HDR10 or WCG display
- On SDR displays, view images at the best available quality using HDR tonemapping
- Render images with useful developer tools such as converting luminance to a color heatmap