View popular high dynamic range (HDR) image formats, including OpenEXR, Radiance (.HDR), DirectDraw Surface (.DDS), and JPEG XR (.JXR), in their full quality on a capable HDR10 display. Both Windows and Xbox HDR game bar screenshots (.JXR) are fully supported. For best quality, you need the latest Windows 10 update and graphics driver, and a VESA DisplayHDR certified HDR monitor.
What's new in this version
[v1.0.7] Fix a bug where Xbox HDR screenshots sometimes are too dim. [v1.0.6] Experimental support for HEIF/HEIC HDR images. Requires Windows 10 1903 or later. Command line support: run "HDRImageViewer -?" from a terminal.
- View OpenEXR, Radiance RGBE, and DirectDraw Surface images
- View JPEG XR HDR screenshots taken by Windows 10 or Xbox One
- View high bit depth and wide color gamut images like JPEG with ICC profile and TIFF
- View images at their full native quality on a capable HDR10 or WCG display
- On SDR displays, view images at the best available quality using HDR tonemapping
- Render images with useful developer tools such as converting luminance to a color heatmap