A fun and useful companion to anyone who is into (or interested in getting into) the wonderful world of Improvisational theatre. It puts at your fingertips a wealth of information about Improv coupled with a few tools to help you expand your repertoire of games and practice performances with your fellow improvisers.
What's new in this version
Updated for Windows 8.1. No significant feature changes. Updates were made to allow for sharing the underlying code with the phone version of the app in preparation for and anticipation of Windows 10 and taking advantage of the universal platform in future releases.
- Descriptions for hundreds of games, ice breakers, and crowd warm-ups (many of which can be easily leveraged outside of the context of an Improv performance as well).
- Browse through alphabetically grouped list of game names or use the categories view to drill into a particular grouping of games that are of interest to you.
- Ability to mark which games are your favourite and filter the list to view only these for quick reference.
- Create a set list for your group to perform. You can name the set list, choose the games to add to it, and save for later use.
- “Auto set list” generator -- for the ultimate in Improv. This is a great way to challenge your Improv skills and discover games with which you might not be familiar.
- Share a set list (with or without full game details) with your fellow improvisers via e-mail through the charms bar.
- “Ask-For Helper” acts as your virtual audience to help you get suggestions as starting points for games.
- Glossary providing definitions of commonly used Improv terms.
- A series of commonly used “Rules of Improv” lists.
- Hyperlinks to Improv-related web sites and discussion forums.
- Listing of some “must read” books on Improv.