Japanese-English electronic dictionary with a special focus on kanji characters. It offers you an original dictionary database, a flexible look-up system and numerous extra features. In continuous development since 1995, JiShop is probably the most powerful tool of its kind now. JiShop can function at three different levels: Concise, Plus, and Advanced. At Concise level, you can view the entries of 1006 characters from the "Gakushu Kanji" list ("Educational Kanji"). At Plus level, you can view the entries of 2136 characters from the "Joyo Kanji" list ("Kanji for daily use"). At Advanced level, you can see all entries (5700 kanji in version 8.0; more to be added in the future) The free version of JiShop called "JiShop Concise" works at Concise level from Monday to Thursday, at Plus level on Friday, and at Advanced level on Saturday and Sunday. Upgrade your copy to JiShop Plus or JiShop Advanced to get rid of these limitations.
- 5700 fully edited entries of the kanji dictionary
- Phonetic dictionary with 61 000 Japanese words
- Interactive table of 634 kanji radicals (elements)
- Search by readings, meanings, radicals, etc.
- Written input of kanji & kana
- Full kanji decomposition
- Detailed information on each radical
- Stroke-order diagrams
- Customizable kanji drill (flash cards)