Kate is a multi-document editor. Kate ships with network transparency. Choose it for viewing sources, editing configuration files, writing new applications or any other text editing task. You still need just one running instance of Kate.
What's new in this version
Kate is excited to explore new platforms.
- View and edit multiple documents at the same time, by splitting horizontally and vertically the window
- Multi-document interface (MDI)
- Session support
- Extensible through scripting
- Highlighting support for over 300 languages
- Search & replace in multiple opened files or files on disk
- Project management support with Git integration