KNFB Reader for Windows 10 is the world's best solution for enabling blind and low-vision individuals to quickly and easily access the content of printed materials anywhere, anytime. It takes a photo of any text and instantly reads it aloud. It’s as easy as “point, shoot, and read.” KNFB Reader’s patented image processing technology makes it easy to photograph even the most complex documents - such as bills, brochures, books, or magazines -using the best optical character recognition (OCR) technology available. The text is read aloud using any one of Microsoft’s built in voices or can be displayed in Braille with a compatible screen reader and refreshable Braille display. KNFB Reader's proprietary audio and vibration guidance help the user take the perfect image of a document so that processing is fast and accurate. The award-winning KNFB Reader technology that is helping blind, low-vision, dyslexic, and other print-disabled users around the world to live the lives they want is now available for Windows 10! For the best scanning results, external scanning hardware is highly recommended. This may include: - A 5 mega-pixel (minimum) or 8 mega-pixel (recommended) document camera, preferably with auto-focus and a built-in lamp. - A standard Windows 10 compatible flat-bed document scanner (WDM drivers) - A well-lit space with good or bright lighting. To activate and use KNFB Reader Enterprise you need a license with valid username and password. If you do not yet have these, please contact your KNFB Reader Enterprise distributor or site administrator. A list of distributors where you can buy your license can be found on the KNFB Reader website (www.knfbreader.com) You can also buy your license directly from the Store by installing KNFB Reader instead of KNFB Reader Enterprise
- Verbal field of view report and tilt guidance by audio or vibration feedback help you take the perfect picture of any document or material without assistance.
- Designed for speed and ease of use, with only four screens and lots of shortcut keys.
- Allows easy conversion of PDFs and other image files directly from a desktop or laptop PC, or of image files in OneDrive or Dropbox.
- Snap a picture and analyze a document instantly with your Surface Pro4 or other Windows 10 device with a mobile camera; an external camera or scanner is needed for other devices.
- Integration with OneDrive and Dropbox for easy backup and sharing of images and documents between devices.
- Processes single- or multi-column documents, various fonts and formatting styles.
- Fully integrated with Microsoft Narrator.
- Compatible with other popular screen readers (NVDA, JAWS, and Dolphin SuperNova), and Microsoft text-to-speech voices.
- Current OCR languages include English, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, and Turkish.
- Please note: You must have the desired OCR language installed in Windows for KNFB Reader to recognize it.
- Braille support for Narrator coming soon!
Published bySENSOTEC NV
Developed bySENSOTEC NV
Approximate size157.87 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
This app canUse your webcam
Use your microphone
Access your Internet connection
Access your Internet connection and act as a server.
Use your pictures library
Access to your Account’s username and picture
Use data stored on an external storage device
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)
Čeština (Česká Republika)