Meet Libby. Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand. 1. Fish out your library card 2. Open the Libby app 3. Find your local library 4. Search, sample, borrow, enjoy It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. If you prefer, you can send books to your Kindle for reading. ---- Libby is the brand new app from OverDrive Labs. We're trying to simplify and bring joy to every aspect of digital borrowing and reading. If you love it, you can use it instead of the OverDrive app. If you don't love it yet, feel free to keep using the OverDrive app, but check in on Libby from time to time — we're adding features and squashing bugs every day. Happy reading.
What's new in this version
v1.4.2 * Fix Bugs and Improve Performance There's so much new in Libby! * Adds the Sleep Timer option to stop audiobook playback at the end of the current chapter. * We made several improvements related to downloading books. * A guided welcome. Libby asks you questions that get you signed into your library quickly, and using your favorite reading device. * A guided menu. We've reorganized the menu to show you the information you need the most. Detailed configuration options are tucked away if you need them. * Setup Codes. Already have Libby on one device? Copy all your cards to your other devices in about 2 seconds. * Much better support. Get in touch with us by asking a question, reporting a problem, suggesting an idea or taking our survey. If you have any difficulties using Libby, let us know! * "Format" as a list preference. You can now exclude ebooks from Libby's results if you're only interested in audiobooks, or vice versa. * Sort your holds by estimated wait time. * Relink your card with one or two taps when your library needs you to sign in again. * Support for the Windows Fall Creator's Update. * Many bug fixes for audiobook playback, and for downloading and storage. * Libby for Windows is more stable — a number of crashes have been addressed.
- Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more library cards
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
- Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
- Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio
- All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
- Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, schoolbook, beach-reading, whatever you like
- Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab