300 of the world’s most diverse commercial ships from the ancient world to the present day. Liners, Tankers & Merchant Ships is a compendium of 300 of the world’s most diverse commercial ships, from ancient times to the present day. It provides a unique and readily accessible reference guide to an immense range of merchant shipping from cargo vessels to passenger ships like Titanic, from oilers to tankers, from fishing craft to ferries, from barges to research submarines, from rescue boats to ships that have explored the globe. Each vessel is illustrated by a full colour artwork, with accompanying text on its development and service history and a detailed specification table giving country and date of origin, tonnage, dimensions, cargo, main routes, construction material, rigging, machinery, and complement. Author Robert Jackson is a former pilot and navigation instructor, who now writes full time on naval, military and aviation affairs. He has more than 80 books to his name, including Submarines of the World, The Royal Navy in World War II and Strike From the Sea: A History of British Naval Air Power.
- 300 of the world’s most diverse commercial ships from ancient times to the present day
- Full dimensions and weights provided for each vessel, all measurements in imperial and metric
- Design, development and service history included for each entry
- Quick search functions by country of origin and type of vessel
- Favourites section
- All data stored offline on your device. No Internet connection required