Free and open-source application for setting GIFs, Videos and WebPages as your desktop wallpaper. Powered by Chromium browser and MPV player, your wallpapers supports the latest web technologies and video standards. This is an open source project and community participation is welcome. To participate please visit https://github.com/rocksdanister/lively
What's new in this version
Fixed decimal numbers not working correctly with livelyproperties sliders due to differences in system culture. Fixed an issue where wallpaper was not restored in some multimonitor system configurations. Online stream wallpaper metadata is fetched and auto filled during creation if supported. Main window no longer briefly shows during first run. Added new Screensaver menu in settings. Better webpage wallpaper title extraction. Reduced idle memory consumption. User experience and interface improvements. Updated CefSharp browser. Updated youtube-dl. Updated mpv player. Updated translations of several languages.
- Wallpaper playback is paused (0% resource usage) when running games/work.
- Supports multiple displays of any aspect ratio and resolution.
- Hardware accelerated video playback powered by mpv player, set any video as wallpaper.
- Powered by Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF), set any website as wallpaper.
- Use Lively Audio API make wallpapers that react to system audio.
- Use Lively System API to make widgets that show system information.
- Supports online video streams and Shadertoy.com links.
- Fully opensource and free, no features behind paywall.
- Supports Dark and Light theme.