Liyana Mahaththaya is a typing app for Sinhala, Tamil and Devanagari script. South Asian syllabic languages run into hundreds of character combinations making them hard to type if one is not a professional typist. Liyana Mahaththaya progressively brings this massive collection of characters to the fore, as you type on. When a letter is typed, the numeric keypad gets mapped to type the related characters. This mapping is displayed on the screen as a cluster of buttons called 'the Chocolate.' It is an innovative way to type with little cognitive cost.
What's new in this version
In this update, we have made the app free...!
- Simplest way to type in Sinhala, Tamil, and Hindi.
- Type with a simplified phonetic keyboard and an adaptive numeric keypad.
- The dynamic mapping of the numeric keypad is displayed on the screen.
- Nothing to remember, the screen guides you progressivley.
- Punch, click or touch... type as you wish.
- No transliteration. Pure typing.
Published byFree Stream Private Limited
Copyright© 2014 | Free Stream (Private) Limited
Developed byFree Stream Private Limited
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
AccessibilityThe product developer believes this product meets accessibility requirements, making it easier for everyone to use.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Terms of transaction
Liyana Mahaththaya license terms
The novel typing scheme used in Liyana Mahaththaya software, and any adaptation of this scheme to other syllabic languages or writing systems is the intellectual property of Free Stream (Private) Limited, Sri Lanka.