Maps App for Windows 8 is a service offering powerful, user-friendly mapping technology and local business information -- including business locations, and driving directions. ##This is not official Google Maps. ##Maps App uses Google Maps API.
What's new in this version
- •Integrated business search results - Find business locations and contact information all in one location, integrated on the map.
- •Draggable maps - Click and drag maps to view adjacent sections instantly (no long waits for new areas to download).
- •Satellite imagery - View a satellite image (or a satellite image with superimposed map data) of your desired location that you can zoom and pan.
- •Earth view - Click the Earth button to view 3D imagery and terrain from Google Earth on Maps that you can zoom, pan, and tilt.
- •Street View - View and navigate within street-level imagery.
- •Detailed directions - Enter an address and let Maps plot the location and driving directions for you.
- •Double-click to zoom functionality - Double left-click to zoom in.