Have you got countless photos, documents and other files stored on multiple devices that need sorting? Are you finding folders alone lack the flexibility you need to organize your ever-growing file pile? If so, you've landed in the right place. Mastersort is a file sorting and management app that enables you to organize and access your personal or workplace files from a single dashboard regardless of where they are located within your computer system. Mastersort is designed for home, home office and small to medium size business users – in fact, anyone who wants to get their files sorted and organized on a permanent basis. If you use Windows, you can use Mastersort. You don't need any special computer skills and once installed Mastersort is ready to go and help you get your files sorted. Used to its full potential, Mastersort can transform your storage devices and folders into your very own digital file library that will be good for a lifetime. You specify which drives or individual folders you want to include. Mastersort will scan them and display the number of files it discovers by location, date, file class and helpful class sub-filters. You can quickly and easily retrieve files from the dashboard by selecting the file profile you require. Mastersort will generate a list of the files, from which you can open individual files in their default software applications or perform other helpful file management tasks. Importantly, once a location has been scanned, Mastersort will track any changes you make to it, such as adding, deleting or modifying a file, so it's always right up to date. Mastersort also includes a range of powerful sorting tools - categories, tags and file chains - which enable you to create a taxonomy tailored to your personal preferences and interests. Categories enable you to sort your files by subjects that are meaningful to you. You can create as many as you like. Mastersort automatically analyzes categories by file class via a simple matrix so you can quickly select and retrieve files by any combination of the two. Tags enable you to add precision sorting to your files. You can create as many as you wish and assign an unlimited number to a single file. This allows you to perform highly targeted file searches and retrievals. File chains are a Mastersort innovation that work like imaginary drives. They enable you to link together any number of files from any number of locations within your system. Just select the files to be included and give the chain a name. From then on you can retrieve the linked files with a single click and easily add or remove files to or from the chain at any time. Mastersort gives you unrivalled file sorting flexibility. You can simply rely on its powerful automatic file sorting features or combine those with categories, tags and file chains to create your own fully customized digital file library. Or of course you can settle for something in between. Importantly, when you change your Windows PC, laptop or tablet a built-in export/import function enables you to easily transfer your Mastersort data so you don't have to set it up from scratch on the new machine.
What's new in this version
This version released 28 November 2019 fixes an issue with the UI (dashboard) which prevented more than 22 user-generated categories, tags or file chains being displayed in the Organiser Panel. No other changes have been made.
- UNIQUE FILE SORTING METHODOLOGY enables files to be organized and accessed from a single dashboard regardless of their actual storage location.
- FULL USER CONTROL means only user-selected file storage locations (drives or folders) are included, thereby avoiding irrelevant files and optimizing usage and performance
- 5 PANEL DASHBOARD provides snapshot analysis of actual file numbers discovered, sorted by storage location, date and file class with sub-filters such as different document types and photo modes.
- POWERFUL CUSTOMISATION TOOLS - categories, tags and file chains - enable users to create a personalized library taxonomy.
- SIMPLE CLICK-BASED FILE RETRIEVALS from dashboard generate a files list with key data such as date, category, class, type, name and location with option to display image thumbnails grid style.
- ORGANIZER PANEL allows helpful file management tasks to be applied to user-selected files, including copy or move files from multiple locations to a single location with one click.
- FILE TYPE SUPPORT for 50+ commonly used file types, with unlimited user-defined file types.
- SIMILAR FILES SEARCH function with variable parameters to help group files together or identify duplicate or unwanted files.
- RECOGNIZES MOST STORAGE MEDIA such as hard disk drives, removable media such as memory cards, USB flash drives and CD/DVD drives plus devices or other computers connected via a local network.
- WORKS WITH CLOUD STORAGE like Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon Drive, Dropbox and Google Drive enabling local and cloud files to be managed together.
- VARIABLE SETTINGS to exclude (default setting) or include system folders and other small files.
- AUTO-UPDATES when new files are added to included storage locations or existing files are modified.
- EXPORT/IMPORT function makes it easy to transfer application data to another Windows computer (so user does not need to set it up from scratch) with optional file transfer facility.
- INDEPENDENT APPLICATION requires no system changes and no files to be moved or modified.
- FULL ONLINE USER GUIDE available from link within application.
Published byDadooda Limited
CopyrightCopyright Dadooda Limited
Developed byDadooda Limited
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.