Melanite contains a wrapped up wide variety of unique images for the Windows personalization background and lock screen. Three photography collections and two graphic design collections are included. Images come in three variants of contrast mildness, to vary reduction of background image visual conflict with foreground screen elements, such as text, buttons, window frames, and content images. The included Adjustment Studio features custom adjustment of contrast intensity from mildness presets, and features desktop and lock screen simulations for visual assessment of desired overall look. Images have been selected in favor of wan lighting, mild shadow contrast, and mild highlights. The subdued and dull initial look of many app images is intentional and deceptive to vision, and stands out as a great strength of this app, though not readily apparent at first look. These images are not meant to be focused on, but are meant to lie in the background unobtrusively.
What's new in this version
(1) 40 new images have been added to the original 36 images of version 1.0. That brings the total images embedded in Melanite to 76, with each having three versions of contrast/mildness. The app developer's photography and design pursuits greatly broaden now the variety, scope and coverage of types of images for backgrounds. (2) Also, the simulation that offers the user a way to judge the manner in which the background images conflict with, or remain unobtrusive, with example icons and time readout, has now been modified to depict a strong-contrast focal image. This allows the user to assess how well he or she would be able to focus on the content images, with the background remaining subdued.
- Landscape Wallpaper
- Skies Wallpaper
- Abstract Wallpaper
- Images optimized in contrast to appear undistracting in the background
- Three image optimization options to choose from for each original photograph or design, with varying degrees of mildness
- Desktop and Lock screen simulation icons and timestamp for assessing clarity versus a proposed background image
- Closeup Photography Wallpaper
- Unique Photography
- Windows Settings Launcher
Published byTalon 38 Personal Media, LLC
CopyrightCopyright © 2021 Talon 38 Personal Media LLC
Developed byPatrick L. Cheatham
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.