Dynamics 365 Layout is no longer offered to new customers as of June 1, 2020. Current customers will be able to use the application until December 31, 2021, or the end of their subscriptions, whichever is earlier. Core Layout capabilities will be integrated into Dynamics 365 Guides in future release waves. For questions, contact your account manager or email LayoutAppEoS@microsoft.com. Dynamics 365 Layout requires Microsoft HoloLens or a Windows Mixed Reality headset, motion controllers, and a Windows Mixed Reality Ultra PC. No additional Dynamics 365 licenses are required. To import 3D models, users must download the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Import Tool (Preview) (included in the Dynamics 365 Layout license) from Microsoft Store on their PC. To import Visio floorplans, users must have a separate Microsoft Visio license. Additional hardware and software requirements vary for available features and content. See docs.microsoft.com for a complete list of technical requirements. To share their Layout experience, users must have a separate video calling or screen sharing app, such as Dynamics 365 Remote Assist on HoloLens, or Microsoft Teams on a Windows Mixed Reality Ultra PC.
What's new in this version
• New precision tools for placing assets, including asset position referencing and nudging, are+E1 accessible from the asset contextual menu. • Updates to measuring tools include guidelines and linear measurements.
- Works on HoloLens or Windows Mixed Reality headsets
- Spatial mapping of floors, walls, and ceilings*
- Comes pre-loaded with 3D models
- Drag, drop, resize, rotate, and copy models as 3D holograms: Select and edit individual models or multiple models at once
- Enterprise-level identity and security: AAD authentication and single sign-on
- Automatic volume adjustment: Automatically adjusts based on the noise level of your environment
- Import custom 3D models**: Supports the following file formats: FBX, OBJ, STP, SKP, JT, and GLTF to GLB
- Import custom floorplans***
- Compatible with video calling apps for easy sharing****
- * Requires Microsoft HoloLens; not available on Windows Mixed Reality headsets
- ** To import custom models, users must download Microsoft Dynamics 365 Import Tool (Preview) from the Microsoft Store
- *** Requires Dynamics 365 Import Tool (Preview), a separate Visio license, and the Visio Add-in for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Layout
- **** Requires a separate video calling app such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist on HoloLens or Microsoft Teams on a Windows Mixed Reality Ultra PC
Published byMicrosoft Corporation
Copyright2018 Microsoft Corporation
Developed byMicrosoft Corporation
Approximate size948.68 MB
Age ratingFor all ages
This app canUse your webcam
Use your microphone
Access your Internet connection
Access your Internet connection and act as a server.
Access your home or work networks
Programmatically access your 3D Objects
See your current and past surroundings
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
English (United Kingdom)