Minecraft: Education Edition is a game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment. Educators around the world use Minecraft: Education Edition to engage students across subjects and bring abstract concepts to life. Minecraft: Education Edition provides hundreds of standards-aligned lessons and STEM curricula, classroom-friendly features, how-to-play tutorials and inspiring build challenges. “An excellent tool to engage students in learning, collaboration, and critical thinking is now more accessible than ever to teachers.” - Common Sense Media SUPPORTS REMOTE, HYBRID AND IN-PERSON LEARNING Designed for students of all learning styles in K-12 and higher education settings Multiplayer feature with secure join codes enables students and educators to collaborate, create and problem solve together across learning environments and platforms In-game coding and chemistry tools bring STEM to life Immersive Reader helps students read and translate in-game text Hundreds of free lessons and tutorials available for all users in the in-game Library Special features allow for formative assessment, teacher controls and classroom collaboration Online community of global Minecraft educators provides support and inspiration LEARN WITH MINECRAFT ACROSS THE CURRICULUM Learn how to code with Code Builder, which connects to MakeCode and Tynker Build an in-game periodic table with the Chemistry Resource Pack Explore more than 100 amazing Minecraft worlds to learn about marine biology, ancient history, space exploration and more Features like the camera, book and quill and chalkboards help students document their work 3D export tool integrates with mixed reality and 3D printing tools.
What's new in this version
Get ready for Hour of Code! This year for Hour of Code we have two ways to learn: block-based coding using MakeCode, or Python using our new, notebook-style interface. Additional features in this update include new Code Builder tools for content creators and lots of new Library content, including a new category for lessons on Equity and Inclusion.
- Individual student logins ensure data privacy and security, and customizable skins personalize the learning environment for student engagement
- Cameras and Portfolios empower students to capture evidence of learning and create rich formative assessment opportunities within Minecraft
- Educator ability to customize world settings, student inventory, and more create immersive learning environments balancing engagement and focus
- Exclusive blocks to Minecraft: Education Edition include Boards to communicate learning goals and Border Blocks to create dedicated build spaces for individuals or cooperative groups
- Enhanced multi-player, where up to 30 students can collaborate and work together on a set of learning activities without a separate server
- A tutorial experience for educators new to Minecraft, starter worlds and lessons ensure early success with integrating Minecraft into existing curriculum
Published byMicrosoft Studios
Copyright© 2015 Microsoft Corporation and Mojang
Developed byMojang/Microsoft Studios
Approximate size497.93 MB
Age ratingNot Rated
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Access your Internet connection and act as a server.
Access your home or work networks