Freshly updated for Windows 8.1, modTronome is Windows' most advanced and reliable free metronome. It'll keep you playing in time, every time. modTronome has been carefully designed to provide consistent time without variation. Its large, easy to read display has been designed specifically to provide strong visual cues even when viewed from a distance. The background graphic pulses on every accent to help reinforce the accent beat. Sounds have been carefully selected to provide clear audio cues for timing, to suit your personal preferences and to better complement your instrument. Sound options include various electronic tones and beeps, claps, drums, and a classic clockwork metronome. Critical settings such as tempo, time signatures, play/pause and mute are directly accessible from the main interface to help you easily make changes on the fly. The tempo can be set from 10 bpm to 300 bpm. The most commonly used time signatures of 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8 are provided. A “no accent” option is also available to provide basic time. modTronome; the reliable modern metronome which will keep you playing in time, every time. If you like modTronome, please don’t forget to rate and review it!
What's new in this version
Release 4 • Updated for Windows 8.1 with refreshed UI controls and support for variable width snapping. • Improved overall performance. • Reduced jitter on low powered devices at very high BPMs. • Improved appearance when running in portrait orientation. • Improved scrolling through the time signature list on low powered devices. • Added advertisements (sorry, but it does keep modTronome free!) Release 3 • modTronome now remembers your last used settings. Release 2 • Updated the user interface with changes from modTronome Pro. • Improved the range and quality of the metronome sounds. • Added the Tempo Tap control from modTronome Pro. Release 1 • Initial release.
- Easy to read modern interface with strong visual cues
- Quick, direct adjustment of all critical settings right on the main screen
- 14 sound options including a classic clockwork metronome, drums, claps and eight tones and beeps at various pitches
- Bpm slider provides easy adjustment of tempo on the fly from 10 bpm to 300 bpm
- A “no accent” option to provide basic time
- Easily start & stop the metronome by tapping or clicking anywhere on the metronome display
- Easily accessible mute button