Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight explores a cursed land in decline. Evil spreads, the dead rise, and corruption reigns. Hope is but a faded memory for all but one, a priestess named Kaho from the village of Lun. An audience with her majesty, the queen, would surely save the land--but time is short and each night darker than the last.
What's new in this version
Boss drop items are now cancelled only if you take damage during the fight (including self-damage, and poison). Easy difficulty adjustments: starting HP was changed to 48, and now Vitality Fragments add up to your HP until a maximum of 80. Previously, you started with 80 HP and Vitality Fragments didn't do anything. For a comparison, Normal difficulty starts with 30 HP, and Hard with 15. Higher HP absorption when using Red Ring or Torn Branch (7% of your maximum HP per enemy kill, compared to a fixed amount of 1 HP per kill previously). Added an effect to the first Bellflower tree to make its presence clearer. Added a new dialogue line to Cotillard for when you meet a very specific condition. Added some new dialogue to Prudence the Cat (that's the cat at the castle) as a hint for the True Ending. Updated the Bad Ending to make it clearer. Updated the item description for the Fresh Spring Leaf, as well as the text for the event where you get that item. Updated some tutorial text and the difficulty select text to make them clearer. Changed the level design in a few rooms to make the platforming less annoying to traverse. Changed the screenshake effect for Fennel's thunder attack. Changed character interactions with NPCs/in cutscenes. Now Kaho turns back to human if you talk to NPCs as a cat. Improved text localization for some languages (retranslations, typos, etc.) Improved Moka's colors slightly.
- Beautifully animated graphics
- Exciting action gameplay: pull off impressive combos, dodge attacks, and skewer enemies with arrows
- Intense boss battles with challenging patterns and epic scale
- Difficulty settings appropriate for all types of players―from story and setting lovers to hardcore action enthusiasts
- A breadth of items that can be combined to facilitate new strategies
- An amazingly diverse world to explore, filled with secrets and treasures
- Eccentric allies and foes with compelling personalities
- Mysterious lore and rich backstory woven into events, dialogue, and item descriptions