Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more. ∞ HOME PAGE This is an overview of your finances. The information shown includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions and reminders, and exchange rate information. Clicking on an account or choosing an account from the drop-down account list will take you to the register for that account, where you can enter transactions or reconcile the account against a statement. Clicking on a transaction reminder will display a window where you can automatically record the transaction. ∞ ONLINE BANKING Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. View the full list of supported direct-download banks at https://infinitekind.com/fi Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for download and bill payment services. ∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS The account register is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, but the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. The payee auto-complete feature makes it easier to enter and categorize your transactions. ∞ INVESTMENTS Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices can be downloaded automatically. ∞ REMINDERS You can set up a payment schedule for single or recurring transactions so you'll never miss a payment. ∞ GRAPHS/REPORTS Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or saved to PNG image files. ∞ BUDGETS Set spending targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the home page or in detailed graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed "envelope method" to specify expenses for each period and your to-the-minute status is shown with over-budget items highlighted. Moneydance will help you set a target and stick to it! ∞ SYNC Enable file syncing to share or collaborate on a data file across multiple computers. Whether sharing with your partner or accountant, syncing your data will provide secure efficient access to your accounts from any computer. ∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY Start typing a transaction description into the search field and Moneydance will intelligently fill in the details based on natural language date parsing and your history. For example, typing "1.23 sta" will display a transaction entry panel with the name Starbucks, category "Coffee", today’s date under the last account to have a transaction for Starbucks. The description, category and account are filled in based on your history. ∞ ATTACHMENTS Attach images, PDFs, and other such files to transactions by dragging the file into the register. Clicking an attachment thumbnail will open it in an appropriate application. ∞ MOBILE When you're on the go, you can use the Moneydance mobile app to enter or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with your desktop. Available for free in the iOS and Google Play stores for your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android devices.
What's new in this version
* Added detailed check number popup settings, accessible by selecting Edit List from the popup list. This includes a per-account editable list of entries as well as the option to include recent entries from either the same account or all accounts. * Added Security Price History report * Added progress indicators and status descriptions to all non-instantaneous import processes, and made long-running imports cancelable * Performance improvements of long imports * When importing QIF files from the file chooser, double-clicking a file, or using drag-and-drop, use the currently selected account as the default import destination if the account type is even remotely compatible with the file * Fix default destination account selection for QIF files with "liability" accounts * Improved handling of quoted fields in tab/comma/etc delimited text file imports * Updated report viewer with improved auto-sized column and report widths * Updated Brazilian-Portuguese translations (thanks Heitor Moreira da Silva!) * Remove amount sign override for downloaded transactions marked as 'payment' in credit card accounts * Improve embedded browser compatibility with some banking sites * Now uses new method for calculating cost and gain for average cost securities, taking stock splits into account * Tweaks to custom https/TLS used for online banking connections * Improve cost and gain calculations for Average Cost securities ...and much more!
- Manage bank, credit card, investment, loan, and asset accounts
- Complete investment account management with performance tracking
- Serious privacy: your information is never shared with anyone, period.
- Online banking with over a thousand banks (with more coming soon)
- Fully encrypted data files
- End-to-end encrypted syncing
- Complete multi-currency support
- Download currency rates and security prices
- Extensive customizable graphs and reports
- Drill-down into expense categories
- Machine-learning categorization of downloaded transactions
- Double-entry accounting made accessible
- Envelope-based budgeting
- Scheduled transactions
- Loan payment reminders with amortization
- Every amount field is also a calculator and currency converter
- Sync with mobile devices over a doubly-encrypted channel
- Security and currency price histories, including stock splits
- Import files from every possible format: QIF, OFX, QFX, OFC, CSV, etc. Export every piece of information to every sensible format.
- With complete access to your own data, you'll never be locked in to Moneydance