Do you need to clean up your music library? Picard is an open-source cross-platform music tagger by MusicBrainz. It has the ability to identify audio files even without any existing metadata. Picard helps you organize your music collection by renaming your music files and sorting them into a folder structure exactly the way you want it. A variety of plugins are available and you can even write your own. Picard supports a wide range of audio formats and can also lookup an entire CD for you. Tagging audio files has never been easier.
What's new in this version
Initial release for Windows 10 with improved desktop integration.
- Multiple formats: Picard supports all popular music formats, including MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV, and more.
- AcoustID: Picard uses AcoustID audio fingerprints, allowing files to be identified by the actual music, even if they have no metadata.
- Comprehensive database: Picard uses the open and community-maintained MusicBrainz database to provide accurate information about millions of music releases.
- CD lookups: Picard can lookup entire music CDs with a click.
- Plugin support: If you need a particular feature, you can choose from a selection of available plugins or write your own.
- Scripting: A flexible but easy to learn scripting language allows you to exactly specify how your music files will be named and how the tags will look like.
- Open Source: Picard is licensed under the GNU General Public License 2.0 or later, and is hosted on GitHub where it is actively developed by some awesome developers.
- Cover art: Picard will find the correct cover art for your albums.
Published byMetaBrainz Foundation Inc.
Approximate size103.2 MB
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Čeština (Česká Republika)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)
Bahasa Melayu (Malaysia)
Terms of transaction
MusicBrainz Picard license terms
Picard, the next-generation MusicBrainz tagger Copyright © 2004-2020 Robert Kaye, Lukáš Lalinský, Laurent Monin, Sambhav Kothari, Philipp Wolfer and others. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. The full license text for the GNU General Public License version 2 is available at https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt