My Family Tree™ is a genealogy application for Windows®. You can use it to build interactive family charts in no time at all. For those just starting out investigating their family history, it provides an easy way to visualize and share your family tree with photos, stories and basic facts about each person. More experienced genealogists will find full support for citations and evidence with options to transfer data using the GEDCOM file format. Key features • Quickly and easily build your family tree • Enhance your tree with charts, reports, photos, and more • View family history timelines and interactive maps • Record citations and evidence for the information in your family tree • Comprehensive GEDCOM support • Record and display dates in over 25 different calendars • Accessible user interface
What's new in this version
My Family Tree version 188.8.131.52 (07 Jan 2019) New features and enhancements • Added support for displaying patronymic and matronymic names in the family data grid. • Added new photo editing capabilities for faded images and red eye removal. • Added image magnifier control. • Added support for localised time formats. • Added name editor popup. • Added option to convert notes containing HTML to plain text during GEDCOM import. • Improved performance. • Improved high contrast themes. Fixes • Fixed display of non-signficicant leading zeros on latitude/longitude coordinates. • Fixed display of connector lines in the ancestors chart when an ancestor features more than once in a generation. • Fixed issue with relationship calculator in English (Canadian). • Fixed issue upgrading files from earlier version. • Fixed issue with missing recent files list. • Bug fixes.
- Family charts: Build interactive family charts with full support for multi touch pan and zoom. Use the novel date perspective feature for viewing charts at different points through history.
- Open Standards: Highly compatible with GEDCOM supporting both import and export and full support for ANSEL text encoding.
- Reports: Generate over 20 types of customizable web reports from family groups to personal timelines.
- Datagrid: Edit data in bulk using data grids with advanced filtering. Search using phonetic "sounds like" matching.
- Accessibility: Full support for many accessibility features including display zoom, high contrast themes, color filters for color vision deficiency, and support for the OpenDyslexic font.
- Multimedia: Scan documents and photos directly into your family tree. View, tag and print multimedia files directly from My Family Tree.
- Evidence: My Family Tree makes it simple to record sources and citations for all of the information stored in your family tree.
- Statistics: Analyze family statistics on births, deaths and marriages and view all family events in an interactive timeline.
- Tools: Check who's related to who with the relationship calculator and detect data discrepancies including ancestral loops.
- Privacy: My Family Tree allows you to protect and backup your data with encryption. You can use privacy settings to control the information exported in reports.
- Mapping: Geocode places in your tree and view places on an interactive map. You can also export place information for use in advanced mapping services.
- Dates: Full support for all kinds of dates including partial dates, date ranges and text dates. Display them in over 25 different calendars and localized formats.
Published byChronoplex Software
Copyright© 2010-2019 Chronoplex Software
Developed byChronoplex Software
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
English (United Kingdom)
Terms of transaction
My Family Tree license terms