Newseen is a new kind of news reader. Instead of mimicking an inbox that piles up and becomes a burden, Newseen focuses on the news stories people are talking about right now. It groups articles from different sources together. This lets you see each story from as many or as few different angles as you like and then move along to other news. If a story you've already read changes with updates or new articles, Newseen will let you know by bubbling it up to the top of the handy Recently Seen list. And if you use Twitter, you'll see tweets from your friends and other followees pop up on stories they're talking about, both for stories you've read and those you haven't gotten to yet. If the summary is enough for you, you can now mark a story as read without opening it. Just swipe the tile by putting your finger on it and dragging down until it disappears, or click the small checkbox that appears on mouse hover.
What's new in this version
v1.5.5 - Attempting to address a rare crash on startup reported by some users - Animation fixes - Improved logging - Removed non-functional web tab from welcome story v1.5 - First Windows 8.1 version. Enables arbitrary window sizes. - Adds Web View option to view articles in an embedded web view (and optional setting to make this the default). - Improved Twitter view - you can now reply to tweets inline! - Bug fixes, including a fix for a rare case where the app would get stuck failing to refresh until restarted. v1.4.3 - Fix a rare bug where already seen articles can temporarily show as new in the Recently Seen list for Twitter users. v1.4.2 - Fix bug where refreshes would reset the view unexpectedly. v1.4.1 - Fix performance/experience of switching between views - Fix bug where the same story could be displayed twice in Recently Seen after switching views. v1.4 - Latest News view now shows you the very newest articles as they're posted. - Bug fixes. v1.3 - New and updated color schemes! Try them all! - Swipe away stories you don't want to read in-depth. - Or with mouse, use the new hover button to mark a story as read without opening it. - New default theme ("Titanium black glow"). - More refresh improvements - Bug fixes
- Shows you the top stories being talked about today
- Cleverly groups articles together
- Keeps you up-to-date as stories you've recently read evolve
- Customize your experience by choosing up to 5 categories from an ever-growing list (from Technology, to Politics, Entertainment, Video Games, Sports, and many more)
- If you sign-in with Twitter, you'll be started off with categories based on whom you follow!
- Live tile always shows you the most popular stories from each of your chosen categories
- Fast and fluid design. Stories expand in-place to keep you oriented
- Several color schemes and background choices to choose from
- Adjust the font size for article contents if you like your text big (or really, really big!)
- Read state and settings roam with you to other devices (if enabled in Windows)
- Share articles via the Share charm
- Quickly work through news you don't want to read in-depth by swiping stories away.
- New! View the original article in an embedded web view.