Number Line helps students visualize number sequences and illustrate strategies for counting, comparing, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers. The number line can be labeled with multiples of any whole number from 1 to 100. Or select a blank number line—with or without tick marks—and place custom tick marks anywhere on the line with the option of entering a custom number label. Hide elements of the sequence shown on the number line, which challenges students to use what they know about number relationships and computation to identify those missing elements. Place forward or backward jumps above or below the line to show number intervals or differences. Jumps can also be labelled with their values or left blank. This virtual number line is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms. For more Number Line resources and other apps, visit: www.mathlearningcenter.org/apps
- Choose a numbered or open number line with or without tick marks.
- Add custom tick marks and enter your own values.
- Label jumps with custom values when working with open number lines.
- Drag to move and resize jumps.
- Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
- Write equations and expressions with the text tool.