Number Pieces helps students develop a deeper understanding of place value while building their computation skills with multi-digit numbers. Students use the number pieces to represent multi-digit numbers, regroup, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Add and manipulate pieces (ones, tens, and hundreds).
- Join pieces in groups of ten or break them apart (e.g., 10 ones into 1 ten and vice versa).
- Use the expanding edge piece like a measuring tape to show the dimensions of arrays created with the pieces.
- Choose from three different colors to clearly identify groups or pieces.
- Move, rotate, and duplicate pieces individually or as a group.
- Use the drawing tools to label representations and show understanding.
- Write equations and expressions with the text tool.
- Zoom and scroll to work with larger collections of pieces.