The first Linux distribution optimized for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Based on Debian. Built on work by Microsoft Research. From open-source software startup Whitewater Foundry. Leverage the power of the Linux terminal on Windows 10. Get started in open source programming with git. Manage remote servers with OpenSSH or Azure CLI. Automate tasks with Python, PowerShell, or Bash. Run a local LAMP stack for testing your interactive website. Build with the latest open source libraries and tools, including NodeJS and Ruby Gems. Run many basic graphical Linux apps, like GNOME Builder.* Easily deploy and interact with Docker. 予測非ラテン文字入力を設定します。 DISCLAIMER: Windows Insider versions are not production-ready and can contain incompatibilities or bugs that affect the performance of Pengwin. We support insider versions on a best-effort basis. *Requires a Windows-based X server, such as X410, VcXsrv, or Xming.
What's new in this version
Existing users can update immediately by running $ pengwin-setup update 21.5.5: * Enables put notifications so you will receive a message everytime a new Pengwin version is released 21.5.4: * Automatically creates an entry with logo in Windows Terminal * Add default background and colors to Windows Terminal (you can change them in Settings) * In App Settings, it is possible to set Pengwin launch at startup * If display scale factor is 200% or more now the mouse cursor will be 64px wide 21.4.1: * Updated CMake to version 3.19.1 * Updated pyenv python to version 3.9.4 * Fixed a hang with fish and dbus * Improved Poetry installer * Added Prezto support ZSH installer * Do not override DISPLAY variable if it is already defined 21.3.1: * Include the latest packages in the image. 21.3.0: * Improved again the compatibility of SDKMan and IntelliJ 2021.1 enabling Maven installed via SDKMan * Included out of the box full GUI support with mesa and dbus, just install your GUI app via apt 21.2.4: * Increased GO version to 1.15.8 * Fix issue with ss -a in WSL2 limiting the version of iproute2 to 5.8
- Pengwin includes wslu, a set of useful open-source utilities for interacting between WSL and Windows 10.
- A custom pengwin-setup tool, accessible via $ pengwin-setup allows new Pengwin users to get started on Linux immediately.
- Support for many Linux graphical applications with no need to configure display or libGL in Pengwin. Requires a Windows-based X client, such as X410 or VcXsrv.
- Install 28,728 open source packages via the apt package management system from the expansive Debian repositories and any third-party Debian-compatible repositories from outside projects.
- A handful of unnecessary packages have been removed from the base image to reduce image size and increase stability.
- New features are actively developed based on community input. You can earn paid grants improving WLinux.
- Create Windows Start Menu items from Linux desktop apps or deploy a one-click LAMP stack.
- Install your favorite Linux terminal: Konsole, Terminator, Tilix, etc
Published byWhitewater Foundry
CopyrightCopyright Whitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
Developed byWhitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Terms of transaction
Pengwin license terms
Pengwin is open source, licensed under the MIT license, and contains other assets licensed under other licenses: https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/blob/master/LICENSE.md The complete source code and building instructions for Pengwin can be found at: https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/