The first Linux distribution optimized for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Based on Debian. Built on work by Microsoft Research. From open-source software startup Whitewater Foundry. Leverage the power of the Linux terminal on Windows 10. Get started in open source programming with git. Manage remote servers with OpenSSH or Azure CLI. Automate tasks with Python, PowerShell, or Bash. Run a local LAMP stack for testing your interactive website. Build with the latest open source libraries and tools, including NodeJS and Ruby Gems. Run many basic graphical Linux apps, like GNOME Builder.* Easily deploy and interact with Docker. 予測非ラテン文字入力を設定します。 DISCLAIMER: Windows Insider versions are not production-ready and can contain incompatibilities or bugs that affect the performance of Pengwin. We support insider versions on a best-effort basis. WSL2 is a preview technology that Microsoft planned to release in May 2020. Not all Pengwin features are currently compatible with it and we are working on these to be ready for the launch date. *Requires a Windows-based X server, such as X410, VcXsrv, or Xming.
What's new in this version
1.3.1: Upgraded Docker client to 19.03.4 Upgraded Go to 1.13.3 Fix VSCode, for now, the stable version doesn't work but the insiders one does. DotNet SDK upgraded to 3.0 Minor fix in the programming menu to show all the options without scrolling again 1.3: Complete refactoring of fish shell installation Patches to multiple scripts to improve fish compatibility, including Ruby and Node Improvements in handling of Node LTS installation Addition of Nim to programming environments Fix for Start Menu icon creation on WSL2 Changed default file umask to 0022 Enable cross-distro mounting on builds 18970 and higher Homebrew for Linux One-click LAMP stack Digital Ocean tools Keychain key manager from Funtoo LaTeX environment Install free X server VcXsrv Support for Docker Toolbox See pengwin.dev/blog for the latest features. 1.2: WLinux is now Pengwin Pengwin optimizations and pegwin-setup are being delivered via apt using our continuous integration/deployment system pengwin-setup is now modular and extensible wslutilities 2.1 Added OpenStack CLI tools, AWS CLI tools, and TerraForm Option to back up your home folder, useful for when resetting Pengwin Installing Windows 10-matching GUI themes now installs lxappearance to manage them Optimized inputrc configuration for WSL Improvements to zsh, fish, Ruby, and Docker integration Fixes for Explorer integration, Azure CLI, PowerShell, and Code
- Pengwin includes wslu, a set of useful open-source utilities for interacting between WSL and Windows 10.
- A custom pengwin-setup tool, accessible via $ pengwin-setup allows new Pengwin users to get started on Linux immediately.
- Support for many Linux graphical applications with no need to configure display or libGL in Pengwin. Requires a Windows-based X client, such as X410 or VcXsrv.
- Install 28,728 open source packages via the apt package management system from the expansive Debian repositories and any third-party Debian-compatible repositories from outside projects.
- A handful of unnecessary packages, such as systemd, have been removed from the base image to reduce image size and increase stability.
- New features are actively developed based on community input. You can earn paid grants improving WLinux.
- Linux apps execute at native speed. CPU-intensive tasks perform as fast or faster on WSL than Linux on bare metal with little to no overhead.
- Create Windows Start Menu items from Linux desktop apps or deploy a one-click LAMP stack.
Published byWhitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
CopyrightCopyright Whitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
Developed byWhitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Terms of transaction
Pengwin license terms
Pengwin is open source, licensed under the MIT license, and contains other assets licensed under other licenses: https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/blob/master/LICENSE.md The complete source code and building instructions for Pengwin can be found at: https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/