The first Linux distribution optimized for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Based on Debian. Built on work by Microsoft Research. From open-source software startup Whitewater Foundry. Leverage the power of the Linux terminal on Windows 10. Get started in open source programming with git. Manage remote servers with OpenSSH or Azure CLI. Automate tasks with Python, PowerShell, or Bash. Run a local LAMP stack for testing your interactive website. Build with the latest open source libraries and tools, including NodeJS and Ruby Gems. Run many basic graphical Linux apps, like GNOME Builder.* Easily deploy and interact with Docker. 予測非ラテン文字入力を設定します。 DISCLAIMER: Windows Insider versions are not production-ready and can contain incompatibilities or bugs that affect the performance of Pengwin. We support insider versions on a best-effort basis. *Requires a Windows-based X server, such as X410, VcXsrv, or Xming.
What's new in this version
Existing users can update immediately by running $ pengwin-setup 20.7.0: * Solves an incompatibility between glibc 2.31 and WSL 1. Pengwin now provides a patched version 2.31-1.wsl. * Enable unattended installations with pengwin-setup. For example to enable high-dpi write: pengwin-setup --noupdate -y GUI HIDPI * Improve High DPI support for GTK, the feature is not experimental anymore and we recommend to use it with Qt and GTK apps with high-resolution displays. * Updated the C++ integration with IDEs to include newer versions of CLion (and other JetBrains IDEs). Just run the C++ option again in pengwin-setup. * Fixed the dbus configuration so the FIle Manager in XFCE runs. Run again GUILIB in pengwin-setup * Fixed a regression with the MariaDB installation in the LAMP installation. * pengwin-setup now installs Python 3.8.3 20.6.2: * Fixes an upstream error with gcc installation. For existing installations run: sudo apt install gcc-9-base * Includes an alias and bash-completion for winget 20.6.0: * Upgraded WSLU to 3.1 * Added bash-completion to pengwin-setup command. * Upgraded VcXsrv to 18.104.22.168 * Due to an incompatibility with WSL1 the VSCode version is kept on 1.42 * Updated MariaDB * Updated Azure CLI Installer. * Upgraded dotnet to 3.1 LTS * Fixed a problem when using ssh X port forwarding to a remote server.
- Pengwin includes wslu, a set of useful open-source utilities for interacting between WSL and Windows 10.
- A custom pengwin-setup tool, accessible via $ pengwin-setup allows new Pengwin users to get started on Linux immediately.
- Support for many Linux graphical applications with no need to configure display or libGL in Pengwin. Requires a Windows-based X client, such as X410 or VcXsrv.
- Install 28,728 open source packages via the apt package management system from the expansive Debian repositories and any third-party Debian-compatible repositories from outside projects.
- A handful of unnecessary packages, such as systemd, have been removed from the base image to reduce image size and increase stability.
- New features are actively developed based on community input. You can earn paid grants improving WLinux.
- Linux apps execute at native speed. CPU-intensive tasks perform as fast or faster on WSL than Linux on bare metal with little to no overhead.
- Create Windows Start Menu items from Linux desktop apps or deploy a one-click LAMP stack.
- Install your favorite Linux terminal: Konsole, Terminator, Tilix, etc
Published byWhitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
CopyrightCopyright Whitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
Developed byWhitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Terms of transaction
Pengwin license terms
Pengwin is open source, licensed under the MIT license, and contains other assets licensed under other licenses: https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/blob/master/LICENSE.md The complete source code and building instructions for Pengwin can be found at: https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/