Get your FIRST MONTH FREE when you sign-up for a subscription plan (about USD 14.99 / year). Try the full-featured product and cancel at any time before the FREE MONTH is over, at no cost to you. Raft is a Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) distribution manager in native C#/XAML for Windows 10 applying Fluent design principles. Raft makes managing WSL distros on your Windows 10 device easy. Raft is brought to you by the innovative team behind Pengwin, Pengwin Enterprise, and Fedora Remix for WSL. "Raft" is the name for Penguins swimming underwater. --- FEATURES * Quickly view, run, and install all available WSL distros. * Take and restore snapshots of existing WSL distros. (1) * Set default WSL distro. * Keep your distro updated with one click * Uninstall or terminate (2) them. * Set default WSL version 1 or 2 (3) * Switch a distribution version WSL1 or WSL2 (3) * Run your distros directly in Windows Terminal (4) * Synchronize icons and labels with Windows Terminal (4) * Manage all the distros imported via wsl --import * Create a new distro from a previously taken snapshot (1) Snapshots are only available if running in Windows 1903 or newer (2) Terminate is only available if running in Windows 1809 or newer (3) WSL2 is only available if running in Windows 1903 or newer. The newest optional Windows updates required. (4) Windows Terminal is only available if running in Windows 1903 or newer --- SUBSCRIPTION With a subscription, Raft WSL software is always up-to-date and will always be supported and updated for the latest platforms, devices, and technologies. Subscriptions are charged to your credit card through your Microsoft account. Subscription plans are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in your Account Settings after purchase.
What's new in this version
21.11.12 * Add errors occurred trying to install the PowerToys plugin to the Command Output Window * Improved look and feel of Settings and Snapshot screens to align better to Windows 11 design * Fixed a regression with PowerToys Plugin * Fixed a crash when there are no distros installed * Improve compatibility with "Windows Subsystem for Linux Preview - Microsoft Store Edition" 21.11.5 * Redesigned to match the newest Microsoft styles. Looks great on Windows 11 and Windows 10 * NEW: Now, you can shut down the entire WSL by pressing a button. Helpful if you changed the .wslconfig file. * NEW: Now you can run a distro as root * Allow selecting the default distro directly in the toolbar * When you install a distro, you'll see a small dialog box instead of the whole Microsoft Store window. * The snapshots screen was redesigned to improve the usability * Fixed an incompatibility with PowerToys 0.45+ * The distro context menu was reordered for better usability. Now the terminate distro action is more accessible. * Added openSUSE Tumbleweed * Added Pengwin Enterprise 8 * Improved Pengwin Enterprise and Fedora Remix logos, especially in with the dark theme. * Fixed a crash on startup when there is no Internet connection * Fixed a crash when WSL is not installed * Fix a regression that causes an application crash if Feedback or Rate Us buttons are clicked * Hide the Rancher Desktop support distributions * Improve the Alpine logo in dark theme
- Quickly view, run, and install all available WSL distros.
- Take and restore snapshots of existing WSL distros.
- Set default WSL distro.
- Keep your distro updated with one click
- Uninstall or terminate them.
- Set default WSL version 1 or 2 (1)
- Switch a distribution version WSL1 or WSL2 (1)
- Run your distros directly in Windows Terminal
- Synchronize icons and labels with Windows Terminal
- Manage all the distros imported via wsl --import
- Create a new distro from a previously taken snapshot
- Open any distro home directory in File Explorer
- Run, explore and update your distros right from PowerToys' Alt+Space
- Distributions look great on Windows Terminal upon installation and start in home directory
- New features and distro support are added continually
- (1) WSL2 is only available if running in Windows 1903 or newer. The newest optional Windows updates are required.