Set Up School PCs makes it easy to set up Windows 10 PCs with Microsoft’s recommended education settings, using a quick USB setup. This app guides you through the creation of a student PC provisioning package and helps you save it to a USB drive. From there, just plug the USB drive into student PCs running Windows 10 version 1703 or later. Student PCs will automatically join your school network and be configured with settings and apps optimized for education.
What's new in this version
Added support for Windows 1909 and 2004. Bug fixes related to rename. Released on 7/2/2020.
- The setup file created with this app automatically:
- Joins each student PC to your organization’s Office 365 and Azure Active Directory tenant
- Enrolls each student PC into a MDM provider, like Intune for Education, if licensed in your tenant. You can manage all the settings Set up School PCs sets later through MDM
- Removes OEM preinstalled software from each student PC
- Auto-configures and saves a wireless network profile on each student PC
- Adds each student PC to a desired management group
- Sets Microsoft-recommended school PCs settings, including shared PC mode which provides faster sign-in and automatic account cleanup
- Enables optional guest access for younger students, lost passwords, or visitors
- Enables optional secure testing environments