This version of the Tobii Dynavox Snap Core First app is for: •Users who want to use the Snap Core First app without speech for free. These users can unlock speech functionality through an in-app purchase at any time. •Users who purchased a Tobii Dynavox device. Users in this group will have full app functionality (including speech) when the app is (re)installed on their Tobii Dynavox device. Have you noticed? Snap + Core First is now Snap Core First. It’s the same great software you love, minus the +. Snap Core First is the leading symbol-based AAC app for non-verbal individuals who have difficulties speaking, including those with autism, Down Syndrome, Rett Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, aphasia, and intellectual disabilities. This AAC app is designed to let users start communicating quickly and guide them from their first words to literacy. Snap Core First provides the path for users to stay engaged as they learn and grow their language skills. It is also easy for parents, teachers, and speech therapists to learn how to use. Snap Core First includes the following languages: Chinese (Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US), English (UK), English (US)/Spanish Bilingual, French (Canadian)/English (US) Bilingual, French (France), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish (Latin American)/English (US) Bilingual, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin American), Swedish “This app has been a game changer for my classroom. My students are progressing faster academically, verbal language has increased, clarity has improved, and behaviors have drastically decreased!” – Kim L, Teacher Snap Core First makes it easy to: • Edit and change grid sizes (12 to choose from) • Drag and drop with common functions • Link pages • Find words quickly thanks to a special Search tool
What's new in this version
•New voice engine with voices now available for in-app purchase •Whiteboard drawing utility supporting users with Aphasia •Group Scanning allowing users to better control the pattern of scanning to make it more efficient for their needs •Updated Core First allowing for less navigation and more word lists •New Languages: Italian, Icelandic, Czech, Portuguese (Portugal), German (Switzerland) •Bug fixes and improvements
- Start communicating immediately - with tools and supports, like Core Words, Quickfires, and Topics, that allow a communicator to initiate and guide the interaction.
- Created to be the best - with years of research, feedback, and user testing SLPs and educators, 9 out of 10 tested preferred Snap over competitor apps.
- Built for confidence - with the easiest navigation, no instructions are necessary, and a toolbar is always available with tools to support you as you move through the system.
- Designed for ease - with a user interface for easy editing and grid size changes, common functions for dragging and dropping, quicker actions for linking pages, and a Search tool for finding words.
- Symbols library - thousands of PCS symbols come pre-installed. Additional symbols are available as free downloads.
- A wide range of voices — A wide variety of Acapela voices are available as free downloads.
- Free cloud-based storage – to backup and share your page sets on myTobiiDynavox.com
Published byTobii Dynavox
CopyrightTobii Dynavox Snap Core First™
Approximate size1.76 GB
Age ratingFor all ages
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Use your webcam
Use your microphone
Access your Internet connection
Use your pictures library
Use your video library
Use data stored on an external storage device
Access to your Account’s username and picture
Communicate with already paired Bluetooth devices
Close themselves and their own windows, and delay the closing of their app
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on your Windows 10 devices.
AccessibilityThe product developer believes this product meets accessibility requirements, making it easier for everyone to use.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
English (United Kingdom)
Español (Estados Unidos)
Norsk Bokmål (Norge)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)
Čeština (Česká Republika)