This version of the Tobii Dynavox Snap + Core First app is for: - Users who want to use the Snap + Core First app without speech for free. These users can unlock speech functionality through an in-app purchase at any time. - Users who purchased a Tobii Dynavox device. Users in this group will have full app functionality (including speech) when the app is (re)installed on their Tobii Dynavox device. Do you believe that communication growth, engagement, and literacy is possible for your child? We do. Snap + Core First is a symbol-based communication app designed to be the most intuitive solution on the market. Snap + Core First lets users start communicating quickly and stay engaged as they grow and evolve on their communication journey. Centered on Tobii Dynavox’s Core First approach to delivering a systematic, proven, research-based Core Word framework, this app provides the fastest and most efficient platform for communication for all users including students, parents, and teachers. "Snap + Core First is so fast and responsive! When you touch a symbol, you get immediate voice output. This ensures the motor, auditory, and visual input the user gets when they activate a button is simultaneous and that helps the child learn!" - SLP AND PROFESSOR FROM VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY With Snap + Core First learning language, achieving literacy, and becoming an independent communicator is possible! Who is Snap + Core First for? Snap + Core First is ideal for individuals with Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and intellectual disabilities. It is currently available in English and can be used on any up-to-date Windows 10 device. Research-based for success The success of the Snap + Core First platform stems from the cohesive use of the Core Word framework, topics, quick phrases, behavior supports, word lists, and keyboards that let a user naturally engage with others. Core First, which is rooted in research by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, helps the communicator continuously build vocabulary and skills and takes advantage of motor learning by introducing new vocabulary systematically and purposefully, which allows users to move up or down and always know where to find vocabulary. It is built on three pillars for communication success: growth, engagement, and literacy. Designed for easy customization and consistency Snap + Core First has a user interface that allows for easy editing and grid size changes, common functions for dragging and dropping, quicker actions for linking pages, and a new Search tool for finding words quickly. A wide variety of Acapela voices are also available as free downloads in the paid version of the app. A comprehensive ecosystem of support To keep your focus on communication growth, Snap + Core First is backed by access to a truly unparalleled and free ecosystem of content and a library of resources. This includes Pathways for Core First, a free companion app that offers a guided experience to successfully implement Core First. Packed with expert knowledge, find lesson plans, tips, and videos to help you get the most out of Snap + Core First. Learn more at www.tobiidynavox.com/snap. Tobii Dynavox also offers the most comprehensive support in the industry. Find all of our support information at: www.tobiidynavox.com/support. In addition to email support, you can browse our knowledge base and find plenty of other support materials. Snap + Core First is also supported with Boardmaker Student Center app (contains the Core First Learning instructional solution), and many additional supports are available on www.myTobiiDynavox.com.
What's new in this version
- New option to back up directly to myTobiiDynavox from Snap and restore from myTobiiDyanvox to Snap. - Added a Track Usage Counts feature with options to display counts on buttons and to show a Tracking button on the Top Bar. - Added an option to track the selections made during modeling (by caregivers, SLPs, teachers etc.) - Usage data can be uploaded to a myTobiiDynavox account, where reports and data visualizations are available. - New option in Sync to allow a customer who has a backup file of a synced User that was not shared with that customer for Sync. This User was previously blocked from syncing. There is now an option to make a copy of that User, thereby creating a new user ID and allowing the copied User to be synced. - New process for IR that includes the ability to use IR on an I-series device. - I-series uses a GEWA chip for IR. Signals learned on a GEWA chip will not work on a device with an HBG chip and vice-versa. indi, indi 7, I-110, and EyeR use an HBG chip. - 2 New Device Actions: Shut Down Device and Restart Device (with accessible confirmation dialogs). - New action: Launch Grid 3 (requires the latest version of Grid 3 for Windows). - Added 2 Dutch Acapela child voices. - Increased volume for the native Microsoft voices. - The User Preference Clear after Speech now also resets Grammar buttons. - New color options: Pale Pink, Lilac, Pale Blue, Pale Cyan, Silver Green, Cream. - Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Start communicating immediately - with tools and supports, like Core Words, Quickfires, and Topics, that allow a communicator to initiate and guide the interaction.
- Created to be the best - with years of research, feedback, and user testing SLPs and educators, 9 out of 10 tested preferred Snap over competitor apps.
- Built for confidence - with the easiest navigation, no instructions are necessary, and a toolbar is always available with tools to support you as you move through the system.
- Designed for ease - with a user interface for easy editing and grid size changes, common functions for dragging and dropping, quicker actions for linking pages, and a Search tool for finding words.
- Symbols library - thousands of PCS symbols come pre-installed. Additional symbols are available as free downloads.
- A wide range of voices — A wide variety of Acapela voices are available as free downloads.
- Free cloud-based storage – to backup and share your page sets on myTobiiDynavox.com
Published byTobii Dynavox
CopyrightTobii Dynavox Snap™ + Core First®
Approximate size1.19 GB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
This app canUses all system resources
Use your webcam
Use your microphone
Access your Internet connection
Use your pictures library
Use your video library
Use data stored on an external storage device
Access to your Account’s username and picture
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on your Windows 10 devices.
AccessibilityThe product developer believes this product meets accessibility requirements, making it easier for everyone to use.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
English (United Kingdom)
Español (Estados Unidos)
Norsk Bokmål (Norge)