What's new in this version
This major update brings Windows 8.1 features to Star Chart, and adds Meteor Showers as an upgrade. Key Win8.1 features include: - Continuous width resizing in snap view - Find anything from anywhere with our new integrated search function - Updated Live-Tiles and support for larger format Bug fixes: - Moon now shows the correct side with respect to the Earth (whooops!) - Star distances are now shown in the data box - On re-install Star Chart now auto detects and enables previous in-app upgrades.
- • Explore our beautiful Planets, Moons, Rings, Satellites, Stars, Constellations, Messier objects and much much more
- • Just point and view. Your Windows 8 AR enabled device will open up a window into the visible universe.
- • Sit back and enjoy tours of all the planets, as Star Chart shows you views of our Solar System that you have never seen before.
- • Shift forwards and backwards in time by up to 10,000 years.
- • Control Star Chart with your Voice to 'fly-to', 'look at' & 'tour' night sky objects.
- • Track and explore Satellites including Hubble and the ISS.
- • Features all 88 constellations, with intricate constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 15th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- • Includes a complete re-mastered and high quality Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- • Accurately depicts 120K stars up to magnitude +10, and unlock 18M stars with an in-app purchase
- • Share your beautiful screen captures, astronomical discoveries and night sky viewing with your friends, with the help of Windows 8 Share.
- • Select anything in the sky and get facts on what you are looking at, including distance, brightness and exact position in the sky.
- • Very powerful zoom function lets you view the sky in extra detail.
- • Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- • Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon, so now you can see where the sun is even at night!
- • Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- • A powerful and dynamic search function lets you search the entire night sky, utilising the new Windows 8 Search
- • Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky with your Windows 8 screen at any angle.