State of Decay 2: Heartland is the first story-based content update for State of Decay 2. It returns to Trumbull Valley, the iconic location presented in the original State of Decay game, revisiting familiar people and places to see how they’ve been changed by the ongoing apocalypse. In Heartland, you can play as either of two pairs of survivors, each of whom have traveled to Trumbull Valley for different reasons. In "The Last Wilkerson," a defiant young woman travels to Trumbull Valley, along with her loving but emotionally distant aunt, in search of her estranged father. When her father doesn’t turn out to be who she thought he was she must grapple with her identity in order to find the strength to fight the growing threat of blood plague that is overtaking the valley. In "Searching for Santos, a grizzled ex-con must pair up with an idealistic young cop and travel to radio-silent Trumbull Valley in order to track down a valuable ally. These unlikely companions must overcome their differences and learn to work together before the insidious blood plague overtakes the valley. Regardless of the story you choose to explore, you’ll learn about what’s been going on in Trumbull Valley since the original denizens of this region escaped in the first State of Decay. You’ll also get answers to big questions that have plagued our survivors (and players) since the opening days of the apocalypse.
- New map: Trumbull Valley, the site of the original State of Decay game
- Narrative-driven single-player adventure with branching storylines
- New mission content focused on the growing threat of the blood plague
- Choose from two different pairs of hand-crafted starting characters, each of whom have come to Trumbull Valley for a different reason.
- Over 8 hours of story-focused gameplay culminating in the Gauntlet, a grueling challenge that requires skill and strategy to overcome
- New base: Jurassic Junction, the largest home site ever!
- Hand-crafted characters offer deeper personalities and richer interactions
- Includes plague variants of all four freak zombies (bloaters, screamers, ferals, and juggernauts), plus a brand-new plague-related threat to overcome.
- Provides answers you've wanted since the launch of the original game
- New achievements worth 500 Gamerscore