Sunrise shows and optionally reminds you when sunrise, sunset, blue hour (twilight) and golden hour occurs for any location and date (on Earth that is). Calculations are either based on your current location or on a location you select on the built in map. Sunrise will also keep a live tile updated with the time for the next two or three events, i.e. next sunrise at 05:55 and next sunset at 19:48.
• Calculates when sunrise and sunset will occur.
• Calculates when the golden hour begins and ends.
• Calculates when the blue hour begins and ends.
• Optionally reminds/wakes you up to an hour before the events above.
• Keeps a live tile updated with the time of the next two or three of the events above.
• Uses your current position (through your device’s location service, i.e. GPS) or an arbitrary location you pick on the built in map as base for the calculations.
Updates in version 1.3.4
• Fixed an issue with most of the live tile’s text having the wrong color when light background was used.
Updates in version 1.3.3
• Fixed an issue with corrupt display of times when there isn't any sunset or sunrise, i.e. polar day or polar night.
• Fixed an issue with the live tile reverting to show the solar events for your current position even though you had manually selected a completely different position in the app.
Updates in version 1.3.2
• Fixed an issue with the times on the live tile half of the time being one minute off.
• Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the app to terminate abruptly if the "pick location" page was visited multiple times during the same session.
• Gave the map at the "pick location" page a little more space.
• Fixed some minor layout issues.
I like this app it is simple and easy to use. The live tile is also very nice looking and it does have a backside and "flips" which isn't even mentioned. At first I couldn't get the live tile to work but it eventually came around. Right now it shows the wrong location but that happens to a lot of my weather apps and is an AT&T issue and usually resolves itself in 24 hours. Nicely done!