Go beyond listening. Surface Music Kit gives you the tools to remix music in an entirely new way. Just click the Music Cover into your Surface*, install the app, and start creating music in your style. Choose the parts of a song (stems) you like, from popular and emerging talent, to your own imported samples and sounds. Automatic key and rhythm matching means you don’t need to be a pro to sound like one. Make remixes that you’ll be proud to share. You need a limited edition Music Cover to register your app. To find out how to get one, check out the Surface Remix Project at http://surfaceremixproject.com. *Music Cover is compatible with Surface 2, Surface Pro, and Surface Pro 2.
What's new in this version
New Reverb Effect – In addition to the three existing slider-controlled effects EQ, Delay, and Volume, we've added a new effect: reverb. Change Slider Effects Assignments – You can now easily change which of the four available effects are assigned to the three hardware sliders, and the assignments are saved within each song. Preservation of Recorded Effects Curves – Unique combinations of effects can be recorded on the whole mix and individual tracks, and the effects you’ve recorded are preserved if you swap or change the slider assignments. Minor fixes and improvements
- Use licensed songs from popular artists as well as emerging talent, across a variety of genres. Choose from high quality remix elements to help you create your signature sound.
- The Surface Music Kit’s powerful matching feature helps you easily choose which sounds and samples work best with each other.
- The Music Kit automatically matches beats per minutes (BPM) and musical key for seamless mixing, regardless of your ability.
- Pressure-sensitive pads and sliders on the Music Cover can be assigned to control parts of songs, loops, instruments, vocals, hooks, and beats. Sliders adjust volume and FX.
- Easily export your creation to MP3, lossless WAV and lossless WMA. Enter contests in the #RemixProject to win prizes using your remixes.
- Share your work through the Windows Share charm.