At last, you can synchronise your SkyDrive account to a local folder on your Windows RT device through the Windows Store App interface (it works on Windows 8 too). The application does basic file compare to work out which files match and which need updating. Where possible, file updates, deletions and new files are detected and these can be synchronised between Windows 8 / RT and Microsoft SkyDrive. You can also choose to role back a file change, including restoring deleted files or even deleting new files. It now supports a faster scan feature to enable faster synchronization as well as good support to run as a snapped panel.
What's new in this version
There have been several changes in this update. The biggest is the move to folder based synchronization, allowing selective folders only to be scanned. This also now allows for fast scanning to take place, which scans for changes using the date. This will not detect, by default, file deletions, renamed files on SkyDrive or files edited with the SkyDrive web apps, however this option can be turned off, plus viewing any folder will do a full scan that will detect these changes. The user interface has also undergone significant changes to bring it closer to the Microsoft guidelines, however it is not yet fully delivered against the guidelines. There have also been a number of bug fixes on 27/2/2013 and 2nd March. Also made the initial folder choice via the Settings Panel so it is obvious that this can be changed here in the future.
- Scans a local hard disk folder and synchronises it to SkyDrive
- Drag and drop support to move files between SkyDrive and your local system and vice versa
- Folder level syncronisation, so you do not need to sync all of SkyDrive to your Windows 8 / RT device. This save storage space and the time to start the app
- Pin "auto-sync" tile to start screen to start up sync and automatically start copying updates
- Highlighted selected folders with updates
- View all updated files regardless of folder
- Copy new files, restore older version, remove files from one store when deleted from the other
- Mini-tutorial accessable from the settings menu
- Hide or collapse the folder list
- Double tap folder heading to select / deselect all items under it
- Double tap folders when in selection mode to select / deselect all folders in the tree
- right tap (tap and hold on a touch screen device) to collapse folder tree
Published byDO Business Services Ltd
CopyrightDO Associates Ltd
Developed byDO Business Services Ltd
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Terms of transaction
Sync for SkyDrive license terms
Do not reverse engineer this application. This application is in no way endorsed by Microsoft. Use of this application will copy your files between the device and SkyDrive. If you choose to perform an action that overwrites or deletes a file, the data overwritten or deleted may be lost for ever!