Telerik UI for Windows Universal Examples is a free application that demonstrates scenarios that can be easily achieved using "UI for Windows Universal". "UI for Windows Universal" is a set of native Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 controls that assist developers in building Windows Store applications. For more information, please visit: www.telerik.com/windows-universal-ui Some of the scenarios supported by UI for Windows Universal include: - Using Chart to display bar, line, area, step, range, point, scatter, pie, doughnut, financial, radar, polar and stock series. - Displaying multiple axes with labels and annotations. - Exploring data intensive areas through pan and zoom gestures. - Using the DataBoundListBox to display thousands of records. - Using the Calendar to represent different time periods in a Weekly, Monthly or Yearly fashion, select a single or a range of dates using gestures. - Provide your users with an intuitive way to select day, month, year, hours, minutes and seconds through the DatePicker and TimePicker controls. - Take advantage of the numerous features of the DataGrid - customizable cells, combobox column, multi-column sorting, in-place editing, grouping, selection, filtering etc. - Bring Windows style tiles to your app through the use if the HubTile. - Improve the typing experience by providing automatic suggestions through the AutoCompleteBox control. New examples are added regularly.
What's new in this version
Full release notes of the Q2 2015 (2015.2.0624) version of Telerik UI for Windows Universal, visit: http://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/windows-universal/release-history/windows-universal-q2-2015 Related information: http://blogs.telerik.com/windowsuniversal/posts
- A charting component that offers unmatched performance regarding loading time, drawing capabilities and real-time updates.
- A core part of any mobile app, the DataBoundListBox offers blazing-fast performance and can be used to navigate through thousands of items without ever slowing down the application.
- An advanced Calendar control that allows single or multiple date and range selection as well as displaying dates in different views.
- An AutoCompleteBox with extended functionality similar to the search box on Google and Bing - offering suggestions as you type.
- A DatePicker that complies entirely to the Universal Windows guidelines and enables an intuitive way to select day, month and year.
- A TimePicker that offers infinite looping so you can select time much faster and easier.
- A BusyIndicator that allows you to display an animation, both custom and predefined, indicating that your application is busy waiting for an asynchronous operation to finish.
- A HubTile for implementing a Windows home screen experience through tiles that dynamically update themselves with the latest information.
- A Rating control for evaluating features of the app through a range of rating items associated with a given value.
- A DataGrid that supports customizable columns, single and multi-column sorting, data editing, grouping, selection, filtering etc.
- A BulletGraph for comparing projected and featured values for an instant access to the overall progress of a certain task.
- A DataStorage for facilitating the communication with the SQL database, which can be a serious overhead for a non C++ developer, who is not familiar with the native Windows development paradigms.
- A Map with top performance and support for ESRI and custom shapefiles.
- A gallery of gauges for all your application's needs – whether you need to display distance, speed, duration or any other dynamic data.
- A Pagination control for fast and intuitive navigation between application pages no matter what the content is.
- A highly customizable RadialMenu menu for multiple levels of nested items.
- A Slider for selecting both single and a range of values.