The Economic Times is India's largest & world's second largest financial daily "The Economic Times" application for Windows 8 not only offers in-depth and analytical coverage that is the hallmark of ET, but also brings you news as it happens 24 x 7. Taking full advantage of the wide variety of content available with the Times Group, the ET Windows 8 application offers a rich multimedia experience as well. For those interested in stocks, live prices from both BSE and NSE are available. Just tap into the application and get complete news coverage across different news sections like Top News, Popular News, News by Industry, Politics & Nation, Global Markets and many more. The application comes with social media integration.It lets you share articles or photos on Facebook and Twitter, and also via email. Besides, tracking latest stocks prices you can also checkout the Top Gainers, Losers, Movers, etc. The app gives unique flavor of multimedia in the form of News in Pics and Videos. Update- The update contains significant overhaul to the Economic Times App which aligns UI with Windows 8 principles such as top app bar navigation and semantic zoom. It also adds In-App search functionality and the content refresh feature. New section is added on the Hub page for Industry- specific news.
What's new in this version
Added Store Manifest file.
- Get complete news coverage by swiping between different news sections like Top News, Popular News, Politics & Nation, Global Markets and many more
- Track latest stocks prices from both NSE and BSE, along with Gainers, Losers, Movers, etc
- Search your favourite stocks from search charm bar
- Get Industry specific news coverage from the fields of Banking,Telecom,Energy,Healthcare,Transportation,Jobs,Services,Media/entertainment etc
- Get Financial Markets specific news coverage form categories like Bonds, Forex, Commodities, Mutual Fund, IPO's etc
- View Videos from different genres like Latest ,Experts Views, Markets, Corporate, Most popular
- View News in Pics
- Share articles with different social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- Minimise the app to a side snapped view to keep up-to-date while you're doing other things