The Sibley Guide to Birds has become the most popular and fastest selling printed guide to birds as well as the most comprehensive and authoritative guide to North American Birds: Over 6600 images. Every species is shown perched and in flight from above and below. Shows every major seasonal, age, and male/female variation. Detailed coverage of subspecies and regional variations. Detailed maps showing not just winter and summer range but also migration and rare occurrence. Detailed descriptions of songs and calls, comparing similar species measurements of length, wingspan, and weight for every species. GPS capabilities to record your bird sighting coordinates. *Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the application. We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com The trial mode is available for 1 day. Thereafter the app will cease to work unless purchased.
What's new in this version
v2.2.0 Fixed sort by taxonomy v2.1 Added map Added map legend in 'About' charm v2.0 Updated UI Updated database
- Over 6600 zoomable images
- Over 2300 carefully selected and edited sound recordings. Nearly all species are represented with multiple examples showing the range of vocalizations.
- The ability to compare any two images, maps, or sounds, side by side on the screen
- The ability to filter by state/province, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location, and to further reduce the possibilities to the most common birds in that area
- The ability to search by distinguishing features such as size, prominent colors, habits, and group
- A basic personal species list* that stores your sightings saved to the device.
- Sorting of the birds list by taxonomy or alphabetically
- Grouping of the birds by taxonomy or family
- Distribution maps of the birds
- GPS capabilities to record your bird sighting coordinates