Tune It Up! is a digital music creation toy that allows players to create a short composition using a drag and drop interface. There are 3 themes to choose from, each with a unique set of art and musical notes, as well as random events that can start a score-based mini-game or change the composition's tempo. This project was funded by the Iowa City Public Library and the primary development target for this version was a 1080p touch-enabled table housed in the children's area of the library. For the best experience, we recommend running the app on a touchscreen large enough for multiple players to collaborate. For the library's purposes, an "Administrator Menu" can be opened at any time by pressing Ctrl+Shift+A. This menu allows certain game options to be set and allows the user to manage saved compositions. Credit to Eeve Somepx for the "Smart" font.
What's new in this version
Initial release for the Iowa City Public Library.
- Includes 3 visual themes with 4 unique musical notes each
- Random events and mini-games change things up
- Simple drag and drop interface, designed with younger audiences in mind
- "Demo Mode" attracts players to try the app
- "Administrator Menu" allows management of saved compositions