Twinkle Tray lets you easily manage the brightness levels of multiple monitors. Even though Windows 10 is capable of adjusting the backlight on most monitors, it typically doesn't support external monitors. Windows also lacks any ability to manage the brightness of multiple monitors. This app inserts a new icon into your system tray, where you can click to have instant access to the brightness levels of all compatible monitors. Twinkle Tray uses DDC/CI and WMI to communicate with your monitors. Make sure you have the appropriate option(s) enabled on your monitor so that it can work with Twinkle Tray.
What's new in this version
New features & improvements: - Moved WMI + DDC/CI communication to another thread. Opening and interacting with the brightness flyout should now be more responsive. - Improved handling of Windows theme changes (thanks, @Seo-Rii!). - Twinkle Tray will attempt to restore your last brightness settings after the PC wakes from sleep or hibernation. - Restored Theme option. - The brightness flyout will no longer animate if animations are disabled in Windows. - Updated localizations for several languages. - The last known brightness will now be restored at app startup. This can be turned off in the settings. - When "link levels" is active, all displays will be combined into one slider. - Improved handling of laptops/tablets when the internal display is off. - Improved reliability of DDC/CI communication. Fixes: - Potentially improved error handling when DDC/CI temporarily breaks connection. - Improved handling of hotkeys assigned to disconnected displays. - Multiple instances of Twinkle Tray will now be prevented. - Scheduled brightness should now correctly take effect after waking up from sleep or hibernation. - Reduced slider judder in the flyout/overlay.
- Twinkle Tray lets you easily manage the brightness levels on one or multiple monitors.
- Normalize backlight across different model monitors.
- Seamlessly blends in with Windows 10. Uses your Personalization settings to match your taskbar.
- Starts up with Windows.
- Accessible from the system tray.
- Automatically change monitor brightness depending on the time of day.
- Available in multiple languages. (Japanese, Spanish, Russian, French, Norwegian, German, Italian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Croatian)