Use this app to put the power of Improv to work in your business! Improvisation (Improv for short) is commonly thought of as a comedy performance style where "making things up on the spot" or "being quick on your feet" make for an entertaining show. While true, there is more going on than the audience may realize. Improv is grounded in a set of powerful, time-tested communication and awareness techniques. Taking these techniques off the stage and applying them to everyday work situations can help you achieve business results. That is the crux of WorkingImprov. We created this app to provide you with a handy but rich reference guide of our favourite exercises, online resources, and tips and tricks for applying Improv techniques. Together, these can be used to address the common challenges we face as team leaders and individual contributors at work every day, including: • Building a climate of trust among team members so that everyone is comfortable bringing new ideas forward and helping their colleagues to succeed; • Establishing and maintaining an "executive presence" that earns the respect of others; • Putting an end to boring meetings where team members may be best described as "absent attendees" rather than active participants; • Instilling some fun into the workplace to offset the constant stress and routine of business and ultimately reduce the attrition rate of great talent.
- A growing collection of Improv inspired exercises, categorized and filterable by audience type and business situation.
- The audience type filter allows you to quickly find exercises that apply to small, large, or virtual teams.
- Business categories applied to exercises are: Change Management, Envisioning/Planning, Brainstorming/Problem Solving, Ice-Breakers/Warm-ups, Executive Presence/Leadership, and Communication Skills.
- Exercises you find most useful can be marked as a favourite for future reference.
- Introduction to the core principles behind WorkingImprov, suggested things for you to try, and links to online resources to further your exploration and application of Improv techniques for business.
- Universal App—all the same great features run on both PC and phone.